Go to next topic
Last Post 04 Mar 2016 07:15 PM by  FinnStig
Looking for some mechanic/engineering help for racing season
 3 Replies
Author Messages
zookie

--
17 Feb 2016 11:21 PM

I rented a Formula 600 (part of Formula 500 class) car last year to complete my competition license and run a couple races.  At the last race of the season (ARRC) I purchased a Formula 600 and towed it home.  While I can do plenty of my own work I am by no means a mechanic or engineer but that's the kind of help I need this year.

I'm looking for someone who can go over the car with me in prep for the season and if someone would like to ride along to the races to be my crew chief that would be great. 

Message me if you're interested or I should be at the next Cincy meeting and we can talk there.  Or if anyone knows another place I should ask this question, I'm all ears.  Just trying to find some help to have a successful season and learn more and if someone can have some fun in the process then all the better for everyone.

mister2dood

--
    23 Feb 2016 12:16 PM
    You might try Continental Motorsports http://www.continentalmotorsport.com/

I'm not sure, but a place like Turn-In Concepts might be interested in that as well, or they may know some mechanics who work for them/used to work for them who would be interested in helping you.

Otherwise you might try the SCCA forums that are related to that class. This particular forum is not very active (as you probably already figured out).
    zookie

--
    23 Feb 2016 12:31 PM
    Hey, thank you! This is extremely helpful as a starting point. I'll reach out to those guys and see where it leads.
    FinnStig

--
    04 Mar 2016 07:15 PM
    Jim at Continental can provide all the services you inquired about. He has probably over 25 years of experience prepping/crew chiefing/racing formula cars.

I worked for him one summer while on break for school. I can attest to his level of knowledge and expertise. I do not know what he charges, but I'm sure he'll be happy to discuss options with you.

His shop is located in Mason.

-Chase

---