2016 Plans?
 11 Replies
Author Messages
obielando

--
23 Feb 2016 12:38 PM

Looks like we open up on April 3rd:

http://cincyscca.com/autocross/2016...leresults/

Anyone have any fun plans for the year they want to share?  For me, motor died in the Spyder end of last year, so I'm doing one of the slowest engine swaps in history right now...after 5 months, the old engine is about to come out.  Still trying to get my hands on a new one.  Have a couple of leads that bump me to SSM, so we'll see if that ends up being the way I go.  Worst case, I'll keep stealing the wife's G37.

Anyone else?

mister2dood

--
    24 Feb 2016 06:56 PM
    Pretty simple for me this year...get the Lotus out of storage (hopefully this weekend), bolt on wheels with RE-71s from last year, show up at fun event!

Oooohhh...SSM. Turbo? 2ZZ?
    obielando

--
    24 Feb 2016 07:06 PM
    2zz. Hopefully getting a good deal on a whole drivetrain out of a Matrix XRS. The 1zz is about ready to come out; hopefully this weekend. Text or email me if you want to come check it out.
    mister2dood

--
    obielando

--
    27 Feb 2016 10:25 AM
    I'm guessing that it will end up turbocharged eventually, but I'm thinking I may take Mr. Drake's suggestion and go e85 so I can push more boost.

It will be a multi-year effort, I think. We'll start by getting the 2zz in for this year, and go from there.
    obielando

--
    Duplicate post.
    obielando

--
    Duplicate post.
    obielando

--
    Duplicate post.
    obielando

--
    Duplicate post.
    obielando

--
    Duplicate post.
    obielando

--
    Duplicate post. Sorry for the dups. This is what I get for trying to post from my phone.
    obielando

--
    24 May 2016 11:10 PM
    Posted By obie on 27 Feb 2016 10:25 AM

I'm guessing that it will end up turbocharged eventually, but I'm thinking I may take Mr. Drake's suggestion and go e85 so I can push more boost.

It will be a multi-year effort, I think. We'll start by getting the 2zz in for this year, and go from there.

Okay. 2zz is in. Upgraded to an AEM EMS4 while I was at it. I have a baseline from MWR but figure I should get it dialed in completely.

Anyone have any recommendations on tuners in the area familiar with the AEM on a vvt application?

---