Go to next topic
Last Post 21 Jul 2013 12:00 AM by  btwyx
OEM Wheel Rules
 3 Replies
Author Messages
TheSupremeLou

--
04 Jun 2013 02:31 PM
    I'm running in the stock newbie class and I was looking to get a set of tires to run solely at the track.  I've found a couple of options as far as wheels and tires go, but I was wondering about the rules governing the size.  My car came originally equipped with 16" wheels, but could have been equipped with up to 17" rims.  Am I allowed to run 17" rims even if they're not the stock equipment or manufacturer parts?  Also, does that extend to the width of the tires as well?
    Grintch
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    04 Jun 2013 03:06 PM

13.4 WHEELS
    Any type wheel may be used provided it complies with the following: it is the same width and diameter as standard and as installed (including wheel spacers if applicable) it does not have an offset more than ±¼” (±6.35mm) from a standard wheel for the car.

Standard is a bit complicated, it includes factory optional wheels but not dealer options. Also, it must have been an option on your car/model/sub model. i.e. the 19x9.5 wheels from a Boss Laguna Seca edition would not be legal on a regular Mustang GT.  The original "Street" rules proposal opened this up to allow diameters +/-1" from stock, but I think this went away in the latest version (?).

Tire sizes are not directly restricted, which is why stock class autocrossers are famous for stuffing wide tires on narrow stock wheels.

crv

--
    19 Jul 2013 10:57 AM

"The original "Street" rules proposal opened this up to allow diameters +/-1" from stock, but I think this went away in the latest version (?)." 

Could someone clarify this as part of the new rules or not?  It appears to be approved in the June fastrack?

btwyx

--
    21 Jul 2013 12:00 AM
    The +/-1" was still in the June fasttrack. The July fasttrack didn't mokey with the Street Category rules, they seem to have settled down with the June version.

Where did you see it go away?

---