Mirror swap
 1 Replies
Author Messages
jdchristianson
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
14 Jun 2012 08:24 AM

I'm thinking about changing the mirrors on my Silverado from stock to larger towing mirrors. I have, over the years, used clip on towing mirrors and basically hated them all . If you have swaped mirrors on your truck, what brand did you use, where did you get them, and did you like them.

Jeff Christianson

Scoob
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    20 Jun 2012 12:15 PM
    I swap mine all the time - don't tow in the winter, so I go back to the stocks then.

I got my tow mirrors for my Excursion off flea bay after reading lots of folks' experiences on the Ford Truck Enthusiasts forums. I suggest you do some research on the respective forums for your Chevy/GMC.

The actual swapping takes me about 30 min for both sides. Taking off the door skin, removing the three nuts, swapping of the wires is pretty easy stuff and there's virtually nothing to break when doing it. I have signals, running lights, power adjust, and defrost on mine, so they are heavy units. Just be careful when mounting them.

I love the larger size of the mirrors and the second convex mirror to see the idiots who want to pass me on the right or stay in my blind spots. I tried the slip on mirrors one time and that was enough to get the real deal.

---