Go to next topic
Last Post 11 Jun 2015 05:03 PM by  t walgamuth
Sleeping in trailer???
 8 Replies
Author Messages
dnetcrawler

--
20 Jul 2013 04:54 PM

I was wondering what has been everyone's experience with regards to sleeping in enclosed trailers during 2-3 days events. I have a 20 footer Featherlite trailer and was thinking about saving some money and staying in the trailer, but is it really worth it???

kpgubert

--
    21 Jul 2013 01:18 PM
    Good question. I just got a 20' enclosed and was wondering the same thing.
    EWCMR2
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    25 Jul 2013 11:31 PM
    I've been staying in my 36' trailer since 2001. Living quarter trailers are great. In a 20' I think you will have a hard time fitting a racecar and suitable amenities.
    vreihen
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    26 Jul 2013 07:40 PM
    A certain SportsCar columnist spent two cold/rainy spring nights in my 24-foot Featherlite, and even commented that it was the warmest trailer floor that he ever slept on.

If you want to do some construction, here is a forum full of people who have converted both large and small cargo trailers into campers and toy haulers:

http://tnttt.com/viewforum.php?f=42

I have given serious thought to putting two strips of vertical E-track on the side walls across from each other near where the hood is on my car, and then dropping 2x6 boards with E-track lumber shoring brace brackets as crossbars for a bed platform above the hood. The only thing stopping me is that I like air conditioning too much to sleep in a hot trailer, and getting power at most of the sites where I run is not possible without running a generator and making enemies from that noise.....
    sjfehr
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    27 Jul 2013 08:03 AM
    What about just tossing an air mattress on the floor? Is is like a big twnt, or are there other issues?
    4manracing

--
    30 Jul 2013 11:14 PM

We have been sleeping in our trailer for the last 4 yrs at Nationals, we have a Futon and have made our own shower area with propane Hot and cold water. We love it . Oh we have Heat and A/c in our trailer. It suits us and love being on site.

Hope that helps.

mtuhro

--
    14 Sep 2013 09:07 PM

Someone did that a few years back...he found himself locked in the next morning.  Know your neighbors,or have an exit strategy.

danpeter645

--
    04 Jan 2014 06:50 AM
    I've never been to one.. but i think it really feel great.. if you have a good one
    t walgamuth
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    11 Jun 2015 05:03 PM
    I have a 26' haulmark which I have been ruminating about creating a living area up front. I'd want a diesel fired gen set for safety but all other needs should be straightforward.

---