Go to previous topic
Go to next topic
Last Post 09 Sep 2017 06:51 AM by  PaulaWetzel
What do you look for in a trailer enclosure?
 1 Replies
Author Messages
SnoCaps Trailer Enclosures

--
25 Feb 2016 12:50 PM

Hello everyone! 

Our company has been making soft sided trailer enclosures for the last 23 odd years. Our original target market was snowmobilers that didn't want a traditional enclosed trailer for various reasons, mostly trailer weight or cost. We've also done quite a few custom enclosures for various applications, from airplanes to loadbank trailers. We've made a good number throughout the years, however recently we have begun receiving significantly more interest from the car-hauler market, especially race cars or antique vehicles, so we're looking into making at least one, possibly two or three stock Car-Hauler SnoCaps. 

This is where I'm hoping you would give us a hand. It would be great to get some input from people in the industry/sport as to what exactly they would like in a Car-Hauler SnoCap. How tall, what sort of access points - doors, panels, or lift up models, widths, lights, etc. I've attached a couple of pictures of past Car-Hauler SnoCaps to give you an idea of what we have done in terms of options, these were all completely custom jobs so it would be nice to see what the consensus is (if any) on the options.  Some of these were ship kits and customer installed and others were installed at our shop.

Thank you in advance for your thoughts! 

Jennifer

Attachments
    PaulaWetzel

--
    09 Sep 2017 06:51 AM

Enclosed trailer transport is used quite often for vehicle transport. The transport service is more expensive because only four vehicles can fit in an enclosed trailer. But, enclosed trailers offer a higher amount of protection for vehicles because there is no exposure to the elements or road hazards. Many of my relatives work in an auto transport Fresno company for many years and owns different types of trailers like car trailer, boat delivery trailer, heavy load trailer, combo trailer, etc. But, I think enclosed trailers are better than open ones. If you want, you may check out these companies or something relevant to it for some more help.

---