Suggestions on Trailer Ramps?
 6 Replies
Author Messages
amaff
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
28 May 2010 02:33 PM

I'm looking for suggestions on where to buy a set of trailer ramps that are strong enough for my Miata (I know, it's HUUGE!... but the ramps I have are rated to about half of what they should be...), about 7' long, without costing an arm and a leg (and that preferably would fit under the car on the trailer). I've been looking online all over but haven't been able to find anything satisfactory at this point. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

~Andrew

snaponbob
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    28 May 2010 03:15 PM
    amaff wrote:

I'm looking for suggestions on where to buy a set of trailer ramps that are strong enough for my Miata (I know, it's HUUGE!... but the ramps I have are rated to about half of what they should be...), about 7' long, without costing an arm and a leg (and that preferably would fit under the car on the trailer). I've been looking online all over but haven't been able to find anything satisfactory at this point. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

~Andrew

I'll look on my ramps to see if there is any information. I have been using them with a 3000 pound car with no issues.

amaff
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    28 May 2010 03:22 PM
    Thanks. The ramps that I got with the trailer have visible flex in them with the weight of the car on them... not really something I'm a huge fan of
    snaponbob
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    28 May 2010 03:45 PM
    amaff
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    28 May 2010 03:58 PM

Yeah, that was about the 1st place I looked, but everything's either too short, or like $600

snaponbob
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    28 May 2010 05:16 PM
    amaff wrote:

Yeah, that was about the 1st place I looked, but everything's either too short, or like $600

What length ramp do you want?!?!?!? A 6' is about $350 shipped. Mine are over 10 years old and in perfect condition. Tell ya what ...... buy my 6 footers for less than list and I will buy some 7' ramps.

amaff
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    28 May 2010 08:46 PM
    I took a few measurements now that I'm home and have access to the ramps, and it appears I was a bit off. 6' is about perfect, and at $250 shipped for the ones I was looking at, pretty much perfect. Thanks for your time, sorry for the trouble :)

---