Last Post 10 Oct 2015 07:40 PM by  B17overhead
Live rear axle sway bar
 1 Replies
Author Messages
BillyBoB4869

--
04 Aug 2015 01:40 PM
    Hi,

I currently run ESP in a 2011 Mustang GT. My current suspension mods include 1.5inch lowering springs and shocks to accommodate the lower ride height and a Whiteline front sway bar. I run 295 30 18 BFG R1-S on all four wheels.

I am currently considering if a newer/stiffer whiteline rear bar would help or hurt my setup. I get conflicting stories when I ask others at autocross events. The courses I generally run are short and tight. Any insight is much appreciated.
    B17overhead

--
    10 Oct 2015 07:40 PM
    If you have exhausted all other attempts to shift more grip to the front vs. the back- like adding more castor in front and playing with both front and rear toe settings, then you might want to try that new stiffer rear bar.

Very tight corner turning ability is most affected by front castor and rear vs. front roll stiffness ratio. Either approach unloads the inside rear tire. The advantage of using more positive castor is that it only does it with more steering lock. If you do use castor, be careful to not get behind in slaloms and turn the steering wheel too much, or you will be prone to spinning the car.

-Chuck

---