4 Replies
Author Messages
zlalomz

--
09 Mar 2016 05:48 PM
    From the XP rules
    7c. The engine orientation (transverse stays transverse and longitudinal
    stays longitudinal) and the engine bay location must not be changed
    (front-engine stays front-engine, mid-engine stays mid-engine, and rearengine
    stays rear-engine).
    Can you swap a transverse engine donor and place it longitudinal to match the race car's original longitudinal orientation?
    Just checking though I assume the "If it doesn't say it , you can't do" rule applies.
    47CP
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    10 Mar 2016 10:42 AM
    I didn't (re)read the whole XP section, but the way that rule reads to me is that the engine orientation must stay the same as it was on the car, not the donor.

E.g. If your XP car is a Fiat X19, you could put a S2000 Engine in it, but it would have to be longitudinally mounted as it was originally in the Fiat.

DaveW
    racingfool
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    10 Mar 2016 11:32 AM
    Can you swap a transverse engine donor and place it longitudinal to match the race car's original longitudinal orientation?

Yes a K20 or K24 in a miata is XP legal.

E.g. If your XP car is a Fiat X19, you could put a S2000 Engine in it, but it would have to be longitudinally mounted as it was originally in the Fiat.

X1/9 is transverse mounted. So an S2000 engine would have to be transverse mounted in the X1/9.

zlalomz

--
    10 Mar 2016 12:14 PM
    Thanks! That is what I was hoping for.
    47CP
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    10 Mar 2016 01:53 PM
    X1/9 is transverse mounted. So an S2000 engine would have to be transverse mounted in the X1/9.

Yes, sorry, I totally typed that wrong.

DaveW

---