Go to next topic
Last Post 01 May 2016 10:35 PM by  drdisque
Need SM rule clarification for leaf spring pick ups
 1 Replies
Author Messages
Peaches

--
29 Apr 2016 11:39 PM
    So the rule is very clear, suspension pick up points/mounting points cannot be MOVED in SM. However, I have seen numerous examples of pickups running an aftermarket or custom panhard bar to help locate the axle. That obviously isn't a standard suspension mounting position, but it is presumably allowed because it isn't actually THE suspension, it's just a locator of sorts.

My big question is can the leaf springs be removed and replaced on a SM pickup as long as the original mounting positions are retained and reused, along with the addition of a panhard bar/watts link/mumford link, etc.?

The search function is not functioning tonight, I did try three times to find further information on this by using google, but to no avail.

Any input, leads or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks boys and girls!
    drdisque
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    01 May 2016 10:35 PM
    I think from my interpretation of the rules that that would be totally legal, but if you really want to be sure you could always write a letter.

Also, remember that if this is a US manufacturer pickup then you can go hog-wild with the rear suspension if you want and run CAM.

---