Go to next topic
Last Post 17 Jan 2017 09:00 PM by  sjfehr
STS, Swap Transmissions
 3 Replies
Author Messages
AjHawk

--
12 Jan 2017 05:14 PM

First off, there seems to an issue with the Search bar, it errors every time i try to search for something.

I wanted to know about the STS Class, pertaining to swapping a transmission. I have read 'Street Touring' in the rule book multiple times and cant come up with anything about transmissions. The car is a 1993 Civic DX, the transmission is from a 1997 Civic EX. Both cars are in Appendix A under 'STS'. Without a rule prohibiting it, could I swap in the transmission from the 97 EX? Or is there a rule someone in the book that I haven't found yet?

Thanks guys.

lowside67
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    12 Jan 2017 10:40 PM

The rulebook does not say what you cannot do, it says what you can do.  If you do not find a rule that says transmissions are free and can be swapped at will, you cannot do that swap.  If you do that swap, you will go to F-Street Prepared which will allow you to "update/backdate" between any make/model that is listed on the same line in the rulebook (assuming my memory is correct and EG and EK Civics are on the same line).  Otherwise, Street Modified FWD.

-Mark

AjHawk

--
    13 Jan 2017 07:58 AM
    Mark, thank you for the fast response. FSP doesn't really turn out in my region, so I guess SMF it is. Thanks for the info and the insight about it only says what you can do.
    sjfehr
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    17 Jan 2017 09:00 PM
    IF the 93 DX and 97 EX are identical transmissions, you can swap them in STS. Otherwise, it bumps you into FSP. Or SMF if you prefer.

---