AS invited to the Cincinnati I.T.SPEC*tacular August 8th-10th at Mid Ohio
 12 Replies
Author Messages
Tefkatt
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
24 Jan 2008 10:12 PM

This year for the first time AS is officially invited to join us at the Cincinnati I.T.SPEC*tacular to run in our ground pounder race group. The race group is limited to ITR, ITE, TCC and AS.

Saturday 20 minute qualifying and a 22 lap / 40 minute sanctioned race ( fastest recorded laps set the grid for Sunday morning qualifying race)

Sunday 20 minute qualifying race ( sets the grid for Sunday afternoon race) 22 lap/ 40 minute sanctioned race.

Individual medals for the top three in class in the two afternoon races. Overall trophies for the top 5 in each class based on points awarded in the three races.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Todd Cholmondeley

Cincinnati Race Chairman.

Tefkatt
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    10 Feb 2008 02:53 PM

Hi everyone I thought you might be interested in the groups and run order for the I.T.SPEC*tacular

Group1....ITB, ITS

Group 2...SRF

Group 3....ITA, IT7, ITC

Group 4...ITE, ITR, TCC, AS

Group 5....SM,SSM

Group 6....FF,CFF,CFC,CF

Todd

Tefkatt
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    01 Mar 2008 12:30 PM

Hi everyone,

The 2008 I.T.SPEC*tacular web site is up and running at www.cincyscca.com

We already have a few racing videos from last years event online. Since AS is new to our event this year please feel free to submit AS video's from other Mid Ohio race weekends instead if you like.

Also we will be repeating the Driver Bio page again this year. if you have info you would like to put online with a link to your Sponsor, business, or personal page let me know that too.

Todd

Tefkatt@aol.com

Tefkatt
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    01 May 2008 06:08 PM
    Hi everyone,

Because of a high demand for the PDX this year we have opted to approach Mid Ohio about hosting an evening test session to be held from 5 p.m. till 8 p.m. on Friday evening August 8th. The entry fee will be $195 per entry with an optimal number of cars per group at 25 cars. Steve expressed that the higher the car count the lower the entry. We are shooting for three groups. Open wheel, Fast closed wheel ( ITS, ITR, ITE, AS, TCC) and a slow closed wheel ( ITA, ITB, ITC, IT7, SM, SSM, SRF)
    Each group will be guaranteed Three 20 minute sessions with the possibility of a fourth session per group at no additional charge ( sunlight permitting) I think sunset is around 8:37 pm so we may be able to get a short session in for all groups. This is the same price as the PDX but without the restrictions of limited passing and there will be two Pro instructors on hand for those who need extra help. I'll keep you informed when Mid Ohio has a link to sign up.

Best Regards,

Todd Cholmondeley
    Tefkatt
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    12 May 2008 09:34 PM
    Hi everyone,

Hoosier has decided to climb on board with contingencies!

On the Corporate level
    1st place overall per class 2 Hoosier tires
    2nd place overall per class 1 Hoosier tire

Hoosier Midwest-Plymouth

Anyone pre-ordering or buying Hoosier tires at the track from ( HMW-P) will have their name placed in a drawing. One lucky winner per day will receive a Hoosier Tire.

Todd
    Tefkatt
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    15 May 2008 10:40 PM

Hi everyone,

I must apologize because I got the wrong number of total tires awarded per class. Here is the official letter from Hoosier. And as you can see I underestimated the award in a good way. [:D]

Todd

<!--[if gte vml 1]> <!--[endif]-->

IT-SPEC*tacular CONTINGENCY PROGRAM
    AWARDS & GUIDELINES

Hoosier Racing Tire is proud to provide contingency tires for the IT-SPEC*tacular race held in August at Mid-Ohio. Please mail or fax redemption form to Tim Gilvin at Hoosier Tire to claim awarded tires. Competitors are responsible for freight charges. Please include credit card number on redemption form.

AWARDS:

FIRST PLACE OVERALL – FOUR (4) TIRES
    (Minimum 3 cars in class)

SECOND PLACE OVERALL – TWO (2) TIRES
    (Minimum 5 cars in class)

REQUIREMENTS:
    Hoosier Tires must be used on all four corners with decals visible on both sides and front of the vehicle. Drivers must qualify and race on Hoosier Tires. Drivers must wear a Hoosier Tire uniform patch, neckband and hat on podium and pose for photos. Decals and patches can be requested by calling or emailing Hoosier Racing Tire, and will be available at the track.

Classes posted for the Hoosier Racing Tire Contingency Program are as follows; ITA, ITB, ITC, ITE, ITR, ITS, IT7, TCC, SM, SSM, AS, FF, CFF, CFC, FC

Any questions feel free to e-mail Tim Gilvin or visit the IT-SPEC*tacular website at http://www.cincyscca.com/2008/2008_ITSPEC.htm

Hoosier Racing Tire
    Attn: Tim Gilvin
    65465 US 31
    Lakeville, IN 46536
    Phone: 1-574-784-3152
    Fax: 1-574-784-2385

<!--[if gte vml 1]> <!--[endif]-->

Tefkatt
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    22 May 2008 07:39 PM

The Mid-Ohio School

Cincinnati Region SCCA

Open Testing and Tuning – August 8th

Registration & Tech Inspection 3:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.

Driver's Meeting 4:30p.m.- 4:45 p.m.

On Track Sessions begin 4:45 p.m.- Dusk

Group #1- Open wheel: Formula Ford, Club Formula Ford, Formula Continental and Club Formula Continental

Group #2- Closed Wheel group: American Sedan, Touring Corvette Challenge, Improved Touring R & E (ITS)

Group #3- Closed Wheel group: Spec Racer Ford, Spec Miata, Showroom Stock Miata, Improved Touring A,B,C & 7

Each group will be guaranteed 3 – 20 minute track sessions. Price is $150. To enroll go to www.midohioschool.com or by phone at 614-793-4623

Tefkatt
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    17 Jun 2008 09:22 PM
    Hi everyone,

Just an update now that I'm back from vacation. Registration is now open. You can go to <!-- w -->www.cincyscca.com<!-- w --> to print out a copy of the registration and supps. Online registration is taking a little longer to get going than expected due to some technical glitches. I'll let you know when it is up and running.

Thanks for the patience,

Todd
    Tefkatt
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    20 Jun 2008 07:47 AM
    Hi everyone,

We are live on www.dlbracing.com and have 16 entries listed from mail already received.

Have a safe weekend,

Todd
    <!-- / message --><!-- controls -->
    Tefkatt
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    25 Jun 2008 07:02 AM

To all,

Please note that the special offer on the single door garages is July 15th. The original date was June 25th but was changed when we didn't get online registration up on time.

We only have 4 single door and 6 double doors left. If you are intending on getting a garage do not wait too long.

BTW, we now have 52 entries overall

Tefkatt
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    06 Jul 2008 11:01 PM

The first entry list is posted at http://www.cincyscca.com/2008/Entry...-28-08.pdf with bio information. Its the first run so I'm still catching up with everything. I added a twist this year and I hope I got everyones home state right. If I didn't let me know.

BTW, We are up to 75 entries now.

Todd

Tefkatt
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    14 Jul 2008 05:35 PM

Hi everyone,

We are up to 92 entries now and not one AS car. AS is part of the Hoosier contingency program being offered for the race. 4 Hoosier racing tires for 1st place ( 3 cars in the class) and 2 Hoosier racing tires for 2nd place ( 5 cars in the class).

Todd

Tefkatt
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    07 Aug 2008 07:13 AM
    Thanks to all the American Sedans that have joined us for the race weekend! The big bore group looks like fun. Cobra's, Mustang's, Corvette's Ohh My! :thumbsup:

Best Regards,

Todd Cholmondeley
    Cincinnati Race Chairman

---