Go to next topic
Last Post 27 May 2014 04:14 PM by  Grintch
DSR racing
 3 Replies
Author Messages
hamslam007

--
21 May 2014 03:16 PM

Hello, I was wondering how active DSR racing is in the East coast (I recently moved to North Delaware). I would like to design a DSR race car and compete but I was wonder how often these cars are raced. Once a month? Twice perhaps? Also, I was wondering if these cars are the most popular class vs say F1000.  I am looking for a class in which you have full design freedom.

Thank you

rosejm
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    23 May 2014 09:59 AM
    There's not as much road racing traffic here as there is Autocross. There's a decent amount of C-Mod (Formula Ford) discussion, but still focused on dodging cones most of the time.

I'd recommend a visit to apexspeed.com as they have a much more active road racing contingent and discussion on builds/repairs/events.
    Clemens
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    23 May 2014 05:28 PM

At least once per year, the SCCA prints road racing class participation by division in SportsCar.  Having the right issue available, which are now available electronically (I don't know which one, though), is it easy to answer your question.

By the way, DSR, CSR and S2000 were replaced by P1 and P2 at the beginning of this year.

Clemens

Grintch
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    27 May 2014 04:14 PM
    http://dsrforum.yuku.com/ is probably the best forum for P1 & P2 (formerly DSR & CSR). ApexSpeed is more Formula car oriented.

How often are they raced? How far are you willing to travel? You could theoreticly find a club race somewhere in the US most weekends. So how far you want to go and where you are located tends to be the driving factors. Pull up your local region(s) webpages for schedules.

Last time I saw the ranked list, DSR had more participation than CSR and FB in that order. If you want max design freedom, thats P1. But it's more expensive to be competitive there (because of that design freedom) and it seems sure to have lower participation than P2.  Full design freedom went out with the original Can Am series.

---