Go to previous topic
Go to next topic
Last Post 01 Mar 2018 01:12 PM by  jdmurphy
Choosing a class
 1 Replies
Author Messages

--
26 Feb 2018 02:46 PM
    I'm current looking and daydreaming about scca racing. I really want to drive something with downforce and paddles (i'm also a nerd so I would be looking for a car with a mychron). I've been looking at arrive and drive packages, f1000 ,f2000 and prototypes. f1000 seems to very cool as the cars use a motorcycle engine and remind me of radicals. Most of my time i've been on the websites and came to the conclusion that it's either rich people or people that are trying to climb the motorsport ladder . I would love to know if there are any amateurs racers (people who have a "normal" day job) in f1000. What is the costs of running one and can you convert one into a prototype?

Basic Member

Basic Member

--
    01 Mar 2018 01:12 PM
    IF money is a major issue with you, as it seems to be, then please consider F600's which is the next thread below yours on this forum. $35K for a new car or about $15K for a used one - front sports car nose along with a diffuser (sp?) for aerodynamics. It is a budget class with rule restrictions for cost control. You can also go here for the pro series - www.theformula600challenge.com As always, become an informed consumer BEFORE investing in any car by reading all you can (on forums, etc) and getting hands-on experience by volunteering to crew for a nearby driver. Even then, rent a car for your driver's school to see if this is what you love doing.

HTH,
    Jim
    Been messing with these cars since 1982

---