Last Post 27 Jun 2017 10:57 PM by  Bejay
Help me find a contractor to expand my garage
 3 Replies
Author Messages
rcutclif

--
26 Jun 2017 12:43 PM

Hi All,

New to this forum but not to SCCA. Been a member for ten or so years, and built and raced many cars. I'm at a point where I can start looking to build an excellent add-on car garage!! Thinking of adding about 800 sqft to an existing 2.5 car. Want possible lift, lighting, ventilation, etc. Looking for a contractor who can help and has experience and insight into car-specific storage and work areas. If they just so happen to be a fellow car-guy, all the better. 

I'm generally a grassroots and diy kinda guy, but I can't do this one by myself. 

Any leads? Also, feel free to tell me to put this post somewhere else. I'm not really sure where it should go. 

Thanks!

-Robbie

lowside67
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    26 Jun 2017 03:48 PM
    Robbie,

Your post is not likely to be very useful without posting your location. And for what it's worth, with the level of traffic this forum gets, this is probably not going to be very useful either way.

But best of luck with your garage - I am jealous.

Mark
    rcutclif

--
    27 Jun 2017 01:36 PM

Thanks Mark - duh. 

I am in south Chicagoland

And to your point of the traffic volume, looking through some of the other marketplace forums I see what you mean. 

Bejay
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    27 Jun 2017 10:57 PM
    Good luck with your project.  No contractors I know have auto specific experience but if you're investing in the space, make the lift and generous ceiling height mandatory.  I almost pulled the trigger myself on a 3rd car expansion til I priced it out.

---