Go to next topic
Last Post 19 Sep 2017 03:46 PM by  DonF
For Sale or Trade Solo Shifter Kart K-M $3200
 2 Replies
Author Messages
DonF

--
07 Jul 2017 11:36 AM

In Medford Oregon. I maybe willing to meet within a 6 hour drive depending on what is agreed on and a deposit. 

K-Mod Kart for sale or trade. Interested in F500/F440 I can add cash or ? depending on the setup. Maybe interested in other trades, no junk though. 

This Kart was run with the local autocross group (SSCC) until a few officials with cars got upset with the speed differences of the KM class and refused to allow Karts to run with the club any more if you're over 15 years old. I am 48 so I guess that's a no. This Kart is built to SCCA Rules and will not be allowed in the stock moto class that most Kart clubs run. The engines are TM Moto engines to take advantage of the SCCA weight break of motorcycle engines while being modified for more power. Both engines are cut and welded professionally to straighten airflow. These were from a "Full Mod" Kart class that was run years ago. The chassis was unusual too, it's a four bearing TrackMagic design that proved too stiff for successful sprint Kart use and was only made for three years. Turns out though its stiffness works in favor of the setup for autocross on cold tires. Its also USA made steel and much stronger for parking lot abuse. At least that's what I was told from some more experienced Kmod drivers. I found it very easy to set up. I have a few different stiffness plates to adjust the amount of grip the chassis has. Except for the rear, it's not the standard torsion that most Karts have. These are very hard to find as most people lost them. I purchased the Kart with only a few practice days on the chassis, only a couple of scrapes in the powder coat underneath. Everyone that looks at the kart is impress with that as most used karts have major grind marks weakening the chassis. I just finished with a complete refurb in 2012 when I was told I was no longer welcome to run with the SSCC with a shifter kart. That decision still stands firm as of yesterday. They now call the reason for the ban as the club going in a "New Direction" different meaning, same result, so I just need to get something else to run locally. Spares and tools include almost everything you could wish for. When TrackMagic went out of business I purchased a large amount of new and used stock from individuals and dealers. There are multiple spares for everything spindles, brakes, engine parts, sprockets, cables, etc. A complete second engine that needs hone and missing some head bolts. I have 5 new pistons too. Tires and wheels are in plastic bags. I did purchase a take off set of rains this year. They were run one race, but are still soft and sticky to the touch. Mychron Gold Data Logger and gauge pod included. Tools include two very accurate alignment kits, tire mounting/balancing tools, Chain tools and more. This kart is very fast and I suck as a driver with something this fast, but even with a lower HP engine I had no trouble turning a fast time even though I didn't PAX out well.      

I had to edit this as photobucket is blocking pictures now. The link below still works though.

More pictures can be found here. https://www.flickr.com/gp/134252471...6u8P 

DonF

--
    15 Aug 2017 09:35 PM
    Still for sale or trade.
    DonF

--
    19 Sep 2017 03:46 PM

Still for sale or trade. You get B-Mod speed for less cost than ST.  A ton of spares see pictures.

---