Nationally Competitive '99 Miata Sport for ES
 0 Replies
Author Messages
jorober5
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
19 Sep 2017 09:28 AM

Nationally Competitive '99 Miata ES. Car beat Pro Solo and Nationals champion at Blytheville Pro Solo. Also won at Ft. Myers Pro Solo and Dixie National Tour.  Located outside of Savannah, GA.

Good.  Shocks, exhaust, timing belt, water pump, clutch, radiator, brake master cylinder, clutch master cylinder, and cam seals all new since I purchased. New floor mats. Top in very good shape. Car is capable. I feel great about the mechanical condition of this car as proven by driving it to Blytheville and Lincoln.  

Bad.  Body in shape that would be be expected for age and mileage (140K). Maybe better than average but not perfect. Some dents underneath from bad jacking. Brake fluid spilled inside motor bay so some peeling paint. Seats not perfect. Have rips in back that all of them have and drivers seat has small rip in seating spot. Honestly, after walking around in grid at Nationals it's in better shape than I realized.  

Depends.  AC and power steering make it heavier. AC easy to remove. I prefer power steering. 

Asking $7000 for the car and stock wheels with Bridgestone RE71R tires with usable life. SSRs with runs from only Pro Solo and Nats would be negotiable. $8000 for the whole package that includes 949 Racing aluminum lugs and any other parts I have laying around. All the contingency/nationally required decals are currently on the car and will be happy to keep them on the car or remove them at new owner's request. I won't be insulted by offers as I've not seen proven ES cars go up for sale. In terms of numbers, if you found one for $5000 you'd basically have this amount in it if you did all the labor yourself. For those of you curious, if this sells I'm looking to try my hand at SSC. ES is a great place to play and if the car doesn't sell you'll see me there again next year! I've also put together an album of high resolution photos. Specifically, these try to highlight any noted imperfections.  https://photos.app.goo.gl/9CqXt7TYXNrUpdh92

Jonathan  

---