Looking for $7,000
Located in Colorado Springs, CO.
Can be contacted via email email@example.com or phone, 86zero-Two68-335Seven
I just found out I'm be relocated for work and logically it just doesn't make sense for me to keep this car. It's been a fun 1.5 years owning it and a lot of work has gone into it. Can easily be a great autocross car with the right tires and some suspension height adjustment.
The car is registered and the title is in my name. It's SCCA log booked and was last stage run at Rally Colorado in 2009. The car bounced around a bit until it landed back in Denver when I bought it. I've since run local Rallycross events, with the right driver mod the car could be very competitive. I drive this car around town and to all my events. Recently I drove 2 hours to a race, went hard all day and drove 2 hours back at 75mph without any issues. I routinely drive the car to Denver which is about 160 miles round trip.
Since I've owned the car, all services and work have been done by Sterling Autowerks. Sterling Chase is a very reputable European car mechanic and everyone's favorite hype man. I'll list what I can recall being done off the top of my head but if needed I can provided receipts and invoices.
The car is a 83 VW Rabbit. It has an 16V swap out of a Scirocco, it originally had dual Weber 32 carbs, it's now converted to CIS, close ratio transmission with quaife front diff. Gutted, caged, fuel cell with kevlar bladder. Seats are fixed back Konig seats, belts are SABELT (expired). All gauges work, RPM, Oil Pressure/Temp, Volts, Coolant. Has a switch for Aux fan. The heater/fan still works, all turn signals work, LED headlights with high/low. Spare mounted inside above the fuel cell. The car will come with a car cover, OEM fender flares, 3 sets of tires: brand new Hankook Optima H724 on bottle caps, studded winters on bottle caps and a set of staggered summer tires (185 front 195 rear) on a set of silver Kosei K1's. Has fire extinguisher, medical kit, jack, warning triangles and tool box all mounted in the car. Oh and I have a Thule roof rack with keys!
16v Converted front brakes.
- Axles to 100mm.
- Performed trans service.
- Replaced axle flange seals.
- Replaced front wheel bearings.
- Replaced both front control arms.
- Performed brake flush to ATE 200.
- Mk3 brake master.
- Relocation of oil cooler.
- Converted front head lamps to led.
- Roof vent.
- Lights + bar install.
- Mk4 radiator fan conversion.
- Oil cooler relocated to front.
- Cis conversion.
- Knock sensor ignition system install.
- O2 port installed.
- Timing belt, water pump, valve cover gasket, camshaft seal.
- Heat Shield fab and installed.
- Nology Hotwires spark plug wires.
- Sparco foot pedals install plus throttle stop install.
- Catch can.
- Steering wheel quick release install.
- New passenger headlight bucket.
- Turn signals reinstall .
- Wiring clean up in center console.
- Fuel pump and accumulator install.
- Battery box install.
- Return fuel lines and main lines.
- Triangulate rear beam.
- Rear wheel bearings been service with new axle seals.
- Drivers foot well lined with Thermo-Tec 13575.
- 2x USB and 12V cigarette lighter install.
I maybe forgetting some things, but this should cover it. If anyone wants additional photos or has any questions what so ever, don't hesitate to ask. I also have a walk around video if someone is interested.
An album can be found here, not sure how to insert photos into this ad : https://imgur.com/a/tcFzJ