Blytheville ProSolo
 25 Replies
Author Messages
TD53
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
22 Jun 2016 04:56 PM

Registration is open for the Blytheville Pro. If you've never been it's a really good time and the closest national event to St. Louis (just over three hours). This event is usually a little smaller than other national events so it's not as intimidating. Prosolo is seriously the most fun form of autocross out there!

So who's going?

sgreer78
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    22 Jun 2016 06:42 PM
    Definitely the best way to get your feet wet in a National Tour/Pro event. And 2x on Pros being super fun. If you haven't done one, check out the holeshot from Evo, or at the very least, pay A LOT of attention to what people around you are doing and make sure to attend the novice meeting with Howard. It's very easy to lose track of time at Pros.(ask Dean) There are no breaks, the heats all run together and workers are changed on the fly.
    Matthewm3

--
    22 Jun 2016 09:25 PM
    I'm in. It's practically a local event for St. Louis. X3 on the pros.
    96SM2
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    22 Jun 2016 11:30 PM
    I wil be the instructor for the Evo Holeshot program in Blytheville. I highly recommend the program if you have not competed in a Pro before. There are some procedural differences between a Tour and a Pro which we go over as well as some practice starts as well as tips on staging and improving reaction times. You do need to pre-register at www.evoschool.com
    Z3papa
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    27 Jun 2016 10:28 PM
    I'm in. Should be hot but less crowded that the typical Pro. Format is much less stressful for most that a Tour as there is no "get it done in 3" mindset where if you don't get a good clean run, you're out luck.
    sgreer78
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    07 Jul 2016 02:50 PM
    Less than a month to go and only 7 local's are registered, 8 if you count Adam, 7 if you don't count Grainger.

jlncc1702e

--
    12 Jul 2016 10:39 AM
    I would consider it but there is no way I could be there before about 7:30 PM on Friday evening.

JL
    sgreer78
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    12 Jul 2016 10:58 AM
    Saturday AM late check in is available, but that's a lot to take in the morning of, especially when you've never done one before.
    christoc
    I'm an Admin
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    12 Jul 2016 11:01 AM
    I may be at this Pro as well
    jlncc1702e

--
    12 Jul 2016 02:22 PM

I think you're right Sean. Maybe if the weather is decent, I'll ride the bike down and just check it out.

ron
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    14 Jul 2016 12:40 PM
    I sure hope the entries get up there and this thing doesn't get cancelled.
    rkammerer

--
    14 Jul 2016 01:59 PM

I just signed up for the Pro + the Evo School.  My goal is to not redlight every run.  See you all there!

Anyone up for dinner @ the greek place?

TD53
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    14 Jul 2016 02:14 PM

Anyone up for dinner @ the greek place?

Yes but only every night we're there. ;-)

rkammerer

--
    14 Jul 2016 02:19 PM
    Posted By TomD on 14 Jul 2016 02:14 PM

Yes but only every night we're there. ;-)

As I recall, the best way to guarantee excellent service there is to have your large party of autoxers trickle in one-by-one, and have every single person ask the poor waitress what kinds of beer they have.  Should be a fun time!
    Lynn
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    14 Jul 2016 10:16 PM
    Which Greek place? The one on the left or the one on the right.
    96SM2
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    14 Jul 2016 10:20 PM
    Hopefully they won't be on vacation in Greece this year.
    Thomas
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    15 Jul 2016 01:59 PM

Posted By Lynn on 14 Jul 2016 10:16 PM

Hahaha. The one on the right. Just don't ask them if they're related to the people who own the one on the left : ). Opa!!
    ron
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    18 Jul 2016 01:47 PM
    So the event supps say that there must be 120 entries 2 weeks prior to the event, hope we make it.
    Ron
    christoc
    I'm an Admin
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    18 Jul 2016 01:51 PM
    I just registered in STU
    flyguy
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    18 Jul 2016 06:08 PM
    Posted By Tom on 15 Jul 2016 01:59 PM

Posted By Lynn on 14 Jul 2016 10:16 PM

Hahaha. The one on the right. Just don't ask them if they're related to the people who own the one on the left : ). Opa!!
    "They ain't no kin" !!

Z3papa
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    20 Jul 2016 09:03 PM
    Posted By coneracer on 18 Jul 2016 01:47 PM
    So the event supps say that there must be 120 entries 2 weeks prior to the event, hope we make it.
    Ron

If anyone seriously wants to hit this event, please pre-register now.  It's amazing that such an incredible regional site, one where the SCCA has kept in their back pocket if Lincoln goes away, and we can't even get 120 people registered 2 weeks prior to the event.  I've said it before and will repeat it here, you won't get a chance to go and run on a site like this nearly this close to your region.

TD53
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    21 Jul 2016 09:15 AM

It really hurt this event that they put it the weekend after the Wilmington Pro. But I suppose this is better than scheduling it in early March like they used to.

If you're on the fence about it and the cost of a hotel scares you, it is close enough that you could leave St. Louis really really early Saturday morning, get there, late tech/check-in, and get one course walk in on each side (you get 12 runs so course walks aren't THAT critical) and stay one night at the $50 Super 8 and check out Sunday morning. If you don't qualify for the Challenge, you're done by 11am Sunday and back in St. Louis by 3pm. Win-win!
    96SM2
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    08 Aug 2016 08:15 PM
    Congrats to Matt, Cody and Sam for their wins and Sean for his podium finish in Blytheville. The other STL competitors had good days, but guessing not what they wanted. Hope everyone had fun, it was a fun course.
    96SM2
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    09 Aug 2016 07:25 PM
    Sean and Tom D are mentioned in the press release about the Blytheville Pro.
    94ESP

--
    10 Aug 2016 08:47 PM

Thanks Andy! After my mechanical Saturday morning I was just about to leave but something told me to stick around for that co-drive & I'm so glad I did now. See you soon!

Cody

christoc
    I'm an Admin
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    26 Aug 2016 11:16 PM
    Anyone who won a trophy at Blytheville, and didn't pick it up. I likely have it in the back of the Z. come find me and ask for it on Sunday

---