Go to next topic
Last Post 08 Aug 2016 03:14 PM by  Thomas
Event #7 Results and discussion
 7 Replies
Author Messages
rkammerer

--
03 Aug 2016 10:05 PM

The audit is completed, points tabulated, and results posted!  Enjoy!

http://stlsolo.org/2016results

I found the course challenging to get right, and never felt I drove it well.  Which shows in the results.  Too tentative with the throttle, sloppy with car placement in a number of spots, and I never got the hard right into finish correct.  I felt I was driving alright, but not well - and my competitors were driving well.

Bill - that's enough with the working the rust off your skills, you got me by a good second - and enough to take first in class championship.  Rest assured I'm coming after you to try and get back to the #1 CS slot!

Alex - You are really wheeling that 350Z!  Nice driving.  I liked it better when I still had a reasonable buffer, so you are another reason I need to step it up.

And Matt, you did really good too, you're managing the car a lot better than earlier this year.

CS is a really fun and challenging class this year.  Hopefully I can push past my slowness, and give you all some fun competition in the final few events of the year!

gilligan156
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    03 Aug 2016 11:16 PM
    I super loved this course and I think with like one more run I could have really nailed it. I thought it flowed so well and every element led perfectly into the next one, you were constantly rewarded for choosing a good line both through the current element and into the next one without many "stops" that interrupt that flow. Without a doubt my favorite course of the year even if I couldn't keep 1st away from Tom... again. :P

I figured out some things with my car at this event and some other things I needed to work on that I think were important so that's good. Bringing a water sprayer for my tires seemed to also help a ton, glad I did that. I think I more or less know what I need to do now. Glad it took my 70% of the season to figure things out. lol.

Autolex

--
    04 Aug 2016 10:08 AM
    Posted By Rob K. on 03 Aug 2016 10:05 PM

Alex - You are really wheeling that 350Z!  Nice driving.  I liked it better when I still had a reasonable buffer, so you are another reason I need to step it up.

Thanks Rob! that first event on all-seasons and the car being down for event 5 is killing me... if I can show up for a few more events i think i can get it dropped and pickup a few points!

Thomas
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    06 Aug 2016 12:36 PM
    Nice driving Tom DeYoung and Sean. Tom really came through on that last run.

Dean, I really liked the course (despite my kidding) 😉. It really flowed nicely, it was a pleasant change to run the lot counterclockwise and the design left room for different interpretations of the correct line to drive. I never felt like I quite got it right, but it was fun. Good job!

Looking forward to Nationals. I'm going to jump into STX in a BRZ. Should be a great, competitive class, currently 63 signed up at Nats I believe. At our next event it would be great if we could incorporate some of the design elements that are frequently being seen at Nationals courses, "eyebrows", etc.
    96SM2
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    08 Aug 2016 09:37 AM
    PLEASE NO EYEBROWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 🙄 😊
    Thomas
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    08 Aug 2016 10:00 AM

Posted By Andy Hohl on 08 Aug 2016 09:37 AM
    PLEASE NO EYEBROWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 🙄 😊

Hahahahahaha!!! I don't like 'em either, but I'm betting we're going to see them ☹️
    WaterLogged

--
    08 Aug 2016 02:26 PM

Bill - that's enough with the working the rust off your skills, you got me by a good second - and enough to take first in class championship.  Rest assured I'm coming after you to try and get back to the #1 CS slot!

Thanks as always for getting the results out there last week! It was a nice shock that I finally put together what was possibly my best run all year. I'm sure it was just a fluke. :) I may have made things more challenging, too as I just put shocks on the car yesterday. Of course the challenge will most likely be on me trying to figure the car out all over again right when I was getting close. Fortunately there's one more event before nationals to get it (me) dialed in. Now I just need to register...

As far as the course goes... kudos to making it fun, flowing and not punishing those of us with low horsepower cars!

Finally, thanks again, Tom. The ride-along and your subsequent tips and support helped greatly!

Thomas
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    08 Aug 2016 03:14 PM

Posted By Bill E on 08 Aug 2016 02:26 PM

Thanks as always for getting the results out there last week! It was a nice shock that I finally put together what was possibly my best run all year. I'm sure it was just a fluke. :) I may have made things more challenging, too as I just put shocks on the car yesterday. Of course the challenge will most likely be on me trying to figure the car out all over again right when I was getting close. Fortunately there's one more event before nationals to get it (me) dialed in. Now I just need to register...

As far as the course goes... kudos to making it fun, flowing and not punishing those of us with low horsepower cars!

Finally, thanks again, Tom. The ride-along and your subsequent tips and support helped greatly!

Anytime Bill 👍

BTW, if you're going to Nats, I'd sign up soon, they're nearing the cap for entries and the date for the increased entry fee is coming up soon. Glad to here you're coming!

---