gidtup
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
26 Sep 2016 11:54 AM

Charity Event for Pedal the Cause

Team ASG-SPS

St. Louis Region SCCA Solo Program

100% of the money raised for PTC stays in St. Louis to fund cancer research at The Siteman Cancer Center and St. Louis Children's Hospital.

October 2, 2016 at the St. Louis Solo Autocross at Family Arena

We have several easy ways for you to donate!

• The Pedal the Cause Deli will be OPEN and selling lunch.

• 3 Unbelievable Raffles to Be Held.

• Buy a Pedal the Cause Bracelet from STL JR Kart Driver Samantha Whitworth

100% of proceeds from lunch and raffle go towards Pedal the Cause.

RAFFLE

Raffle Tickets 1=$5.00 3=$10.00.    Put your tickets with your preferred item and they will be chosen at end of event by random draw.

Can be bought with Cash, Credit card or Debit card

Item #1 - THE CAR PACKAGE

$300 Tire Service and Alignment Package

(Gift Certificate for service, balance does not expire)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Item #2 - THE DRIVERS PACKAGE

One Entry to EACH St. Louis Region Solo Series Event for 2017

Value $400

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Item #3 - THE CREW PACKAGE

12 Team T-Shirts with YOUR Team Name & Logo

6 Team Hats with YOUR Team Name & Logo

2 Driver/Crew Chief/CoDriver Jackets with YOUR Team Name & Logo & Personalized Names/Class

1 Custom Silhouette Metal Wall Art of YOUR Car

(Don’t have a logo?  Free design work donated by SPS)

Value $500

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

gidtup
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    30 Sep 2016 07:56 AM
    A 4th package has been added to the Raffle! Check it out at the event
    96SM2
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    03 Oct 2016 11:41 AM
    Well the rain threw a monkey wrench in to the day for those of us in the 3rd heat. I was hoping to see how close I could get Sean and Matt, of course that would've taken a 42.599 to beat them. = 0 That would be some serious pedaling since that meant raw timing Dave in his EM Mustang in a SSR Corvette. When it rained as 2nd heat was ending, I just headed home on the A7's in case it got real bad. By the time I got to 364, it was dry till I got to Lindbergh then I ran into more rain. I hope everyone had a good time and a good amount of money was raised for this great charity event.
    47CP
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    03 Oct 2016 02:50 PM
    Andy,

Glad you made it home safe. It rained a lot harder and longer than one would have thought from the forecast. You were correct in your assesment that the course would never come back - it got mostly dry but Cody and Tim had a hard time beating my raw time and I think in dry conditions they would have been much faster.

Thanks for your great support of our PTC efforts.

And to everyone else reading this - thank you too - we had spectacular support of both the lunches and raffle items and we will announce the winners and totals this week!

DaveW
    96SM2
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    03 Oct 2016 03:17 PM
    Fantastic to hear there was great support for all your efforts with the Pedal the Cause charity event. It is a cause Peggy and I support whole heartedly.
    Glad to hear it started to dry up, I know in drying conditions that I would not have pushed hard enough to try and catch you guys. In those conditions, the slide from a misstep is compounded exponentially when you get off the dry line and into the damp mud/sand.
    I was concerned that it would get worse and discretion said get the slick tired car home just in case. I know driving the SSP car so often in damp conditions helped a bit with keeping it on the road. Very, very soft touch on all the controls made for a mostly uneventful trip home, I will admit to a couple on throttle sideways moments leaving stops, I know you all are shocked by that. : ) The only standing water was around Family Arena and at the Lindbergh/ Page interchange, wet enough there I did not even attempt the cloverleaf.
    christoc
    I'm an Admin
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    03 Oct 2016 03:20 PM
    sgreer78
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    04 Oct 2016 09:10 AM
    Posted By Chris Hammond on 03 Oct 2016 03:20 PM

I agree. 

Thomas
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    04 Oct 2016 01:32 PM

Posted By Chris Hammond on 03 Oct 2016 03:20 PM

A man of few words 😜
    toddbenne

--
    06 Oct 2016 12:35 PM

Greetings All!

I just wanted to take a moment and thank everyone involved in the event. My son wanted to try his hand at solo and we got things kicked off at this particular event. I had previously, back in 1988 and 1989, ran solo in the STL Region in what was then called FStock in a Mustang GT. We ran events at the upper parking lot of the Muny, Carbondale Airport, the original Gateway, GM Wentzville plant etc. Heck, I remember Dave Whitworth in a CP Mustang was it? Who was the guy from Illinois that had the monster purple '69 Trans Am, I think his name began with a G? And Ron and Vicki Flier terrorizing the cones in their Lotus 7. As well as many others back in the day. Am I dating myself?  lol

Some of you may or may not recall we ran numbers 77/177 in STF in a black 2015 Focus. We brought a spork to a gun fight as we are bone stock with the exception of H&R Springs lower springs(my son wanted that cool stance). Thus we got classed into STF. The top cars were/are all considerably more prepped than my son's car. BUT, we had a blast and as Arnold would say, we'll be baacckk.

Much thanks to Jacob Montgomery who greeted us at the gate to sign the waiver. Jacob went out of his way to look us up throughout the day and answer any questions we had and offer help. And you're correct Jacob, she had a fifty something time in her as I got down to a 57 flat. Still some 15 seconds slower than the ftd in our class, but it was fun none the less.

We will be unable to attend the final 2016 event at Gateway as I am scheduled to fly out to Vegas for our annual SEMA show. We look forward to the announcement of the 2017 season schedule of events.

If anyone finds themselves at the 2016 SEMA and PRI shows, look me up. At SEMA, booth 23897. For PRI, booth 4842.

Now, do we tweak the Focus or buy an old Fox Body car and do the CAM class thing....

christoc
    I'm an Admin
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    06 Oct 2016 01:55 PM
    Posted By Todd Benne on 06 Oct 2016 12:35 PM

Greetings All!

Now, do we tweak the Focus or buy an old Fox Body car and do the CAM class thing....

Glad to see you out there! Sorry I kept mispronouncing your name ;)

As for what to do, I'd lean towards the CAM thing over a FWD car personally :D 

toddbenne

--
    06 Oct 2016 02:34 PM
    Posted By Chris Hammond on 06 Oct 2016 01:55 PM
    Posted By Todd Benne on 06 Oct 2016 12:35 PM

Greetings All!

Glad to see you out there! Sorry I kept mispronouncing your name ;)

As for what to do, I'd lean towards the CAM thing over a FWD car personally :D 

I like your thinking, Chris. As Tim Allen would say, more power arrrarrr! As well as saving the 'abuse' on my son's daily driver.  :)

I am leaning towards a project car, Fox body Mustang or Capri, as I am a Ford guy myself. The new classifications seem similar but yet different than 30 years ago. I assume a CAM class car would be close in presentation to what I knew as an ESP class Mustang back in my day?

And besides, I have spent the last 20 or so years working in the SCCA Pro Trans Am Series. I can't race a fwd four cylinder car.  :)~

I would be remiss if I also didn't thank the grid marshal in the blue shirt and white straw hat. Sorry, I don't know his name. Unbeknownst to us, running a two number car we were suppose to park at the front of the grid. He was very helpful in getting us slotted properly and making sure we got all five runs in despite time running short on heat 1. Thanks!

All right gang, I have a Trans Am race to keep on top up this weekend at Homestead-Miami Speedway. We're second in championship points with four races to go. What hurricane?!

rtp.rick
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    06 Oct 2016 05:05 PM
    Todd,

Yes, CAM is similar to the old ESP, except on street tires. There is a Gateway Autocross Association event on October 23.rd at Gateway. Check out their website. The Program is, basically, run by Dave Whitworth. http://www.gatewayautox.com/Info/Rules

H's & K's,
    Rick Ruth
    rkammerer

--
    07 Oct 2016 01:54 PM

Results are up!  Enjoy!

2016 Results

Edit: Class Championships are updated with tentative Trophy positions!

WaterLogged

--
    18 Oct 2016 01:49 PM
    Posted By Rob K. on 07 Oct 2016 01:54 PM

Results are up!  Enjoy!

2016 Results

Looks like in my absence I lost the lead in CS. I had an issue with a  missing wheel lock key and decided not to flail about for a day on my crappy stockers. At least it was a great day to get in a long bike ride! Unfortunately I'll have to miss this weekend's NASA event as well due to a certain race taking place at COTA. I guess I'll have to lay it all on the line in a couple weeks. Bring it, Rob!! :)

Autolex

--
    19 Oct 2016 09:18 AM
    Posted By Bill E on 18 Oct 2016 01:49 PM
    Posted By Rob K. on 07 Oct 2016 01:54 PM

Results are up!  Enjoy!

2016 Results

Looks like in my absence I lost the lead in CS. I had an issue with a  missing wheel lock key and decided not to flail about for a day on my crappy stockers. At least it was a great day to get in a long bike ride! Unfortunately I'll have to miss this weekend's NASA event as well due to a certain race taking place at COTA. I guess I'll have to lay it all on the line in a couple weeks. Bring it, Rob!! :)

Dang, he's calling you out Rob!

rkammerer

--
    21 Oct 2016 01:08 PM

CS is a tight class this year, which is awesome!  Hopefully I can hold off Bill at Event #10...  I'll be using the GAX event to help figure out the new front swaybar.  Much like Bill's magical 1/2 PSI adjustment at Nats, I'm getting close to having the Konis play with the new bar, Event #9 the car felt a LOT better compared to Nats.  And Alex and Rich are tied for 3rd!  Cant' wait until the 30th to see how this all plays out!

Matt and Adam have a close 1/2 finish in STF.  Shane andDarrin in CSP are 11 points apart for 2/3.  And Zach and Matt are battling for Novice Champion!  And there will likely be some movement on the PAX Championship after the last event of the year.

See everyone the 30th!

---