FS: 1970 BMW 2002 ## SOLD
 4 Replies
Author Messages
TBernsen

--
30 Dec 2016 07:24 PM
    SOLD

A DRIVING restoration!

With regret, I am selling my 1970 BMW 2002.  

I have had the car for 7 years.  I autocrossed locally and went to Nationals in 2010.  Since then it has seen limited use and just doesn't get the attention it deserves.  The car is unfinished, but is a turn-key solution for somebody who wants to get out there and drive a super fun car. 

2.0 litre M10, 4 speed manual transmission, locked rear differential,  sub 2000lb car :)

It would make a great autocross (FSP or EP), rallycross, road race, track, drift car, or street car.

She needs some bodywork, but she is solid in the important areas.  Included is sheetmetal from a parts car (nose, rockers, spare tire well, fenders), euro turnsignals, bumpers, interior (no passenger seat), extra stock wheels, and more.  This can all be done by an amateur/shadetree.  

I have replaced all suspension bushings, steering linkage, brakes, front wheel bearings/races, etc with OEM BMW parts or equivalent (no Chinese/Taiwanese parts here).  I have receipts if interested.

It has Stahl headers, MSD 6AL and electronic ignition (no points to adjust), Ireland Engineering (IE) front swaybar and strut tower brace, VDO gauges and sensors, Corbeau FXpro seat, Bilstein struts, Weber 32/36 carb....

Asking price is $2,800  $2,500 obo.  I am located in Florissant 63031.  

Thanks, Tyler Bernsen

314 - 698 - 8OO7

Available separately is a set (4) of 13x10 Spinwerks with older 255 Hoosiers and a full megasquirt 3 efi conversion.

As she sits now

As driven at Nationals

The following is not the car, but some cool vintage BMW '02s.

I always wanted to throw on some alpina pig cheek fenders on it. 

https://goo.gl/images/p4HnxP 

https://goo.gl/images/xTt2Lb

Attachments
    christoc
    I'm an Admin
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    30 Dec 2016 07:27 PM
    No photos of the car itself?
    TBernsen

--