Quick Jack
 7 Replies
Author Messages
96SM2
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
18 Jan 2017 12:17 PM
    Does anyone local have something like this I could borrow/rent?
    http://www.usliftco.com/lifts/home-...wAody9EGeQ

I need to get the shocks off the Corvette and garage space is at a premium. I need to leave the car in the air approximately 3 weeks for shipping/refresh time.
    TD53
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    19 Jan 2017 12:53 PM
    If you are unable to source a quick Jack I have a set of OEM shocks you could install temporarily.
    96SM2
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    19 Jan 2017 04:14 PM
    Thanks Tom. I just put it on jackstands and will wait. Car has never seen salt so it was going to sit for a while any way.
    The quick jack was to just make the job easier in a space limited garage. May end up buying one since I plan to keep the C5Z for a some time.
    kyoo
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    19 Jan 2017 04:42 PM
    Andy,

This is Sam. I've actually got that same one, currently not in use that you can borrow. That said, it's very heavy and I wouldn't particularly say it saves much space compared to having the car up on stands. Anyway you're more than welcome to borrow it, I love using it, very easy to lower and raise the car
    96SM2
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    19 Jan 2017 05:54 PM
    Thanks. The car is up on stands already.
    sgreer78
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    19 Jan 2017 07:12 PM
    Where'd you send your shocks?
    96SM2
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    19 Jan 2017 07:47 PM
    They will be going back to MCS, still need to remove the fronts though. Then need to decide whether to buck up and get nitrogen tank or find someone to pressurize them after installed. I have to depressurize the rear canisters to feed them into the hatch. Leaning towards getting the tank so I can keep pressures in check.
    96SM2
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    21 Jan 2017 07:19 PM

Posted By Q on 19 Jan 2017 04:42 PM
    Andy,

This is Sam. I've actually got that same one, currently not in use that you can borrow. That said, it's very heavy and I wouldn't particularly say it saves much space compared to having the car up on stands. Anyway you're more than welcome to borrow it, I love using it, very easy to lower and raise the car

Sam,
    Would it be possible to come by some time and look at them? Seriously considering purchasing a set and it would be nice to see what I would be getting.

---