Go to next topic
Last Post 16 Mar 2017 09:13 AM by  47CP
Reputable Speed Shops?
 6 Replies
Author Messages
MrRoarke

--
14 Mar 2017 07:37 AM

Do y'all know of any reputable shops in the area that I can trust to do the K-member and suspension swap on my 03 Mach 1? 

I came across Solo Performance...does anybody have first-hand experience with them? Anywhere else, especially on the IL side?

Thanks,

J

sgreer78
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    14 Mar 2017 10:40 AM
    SPS the is the place to go. Tons of us have experience with them, the work is top notch.
    MrRoarke

--
    14 Mar 2017 05:55 PM

That's good to know. What did you have them do?

47CP
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    14 Mar 2017 08:26 PM
    We have done alignments and tires for Sean and a ton of little fab projects - but he and I are pretty good friends so that is not a terribly good indicator.

This forum is not terribly active with STL area folks. If you do Facebook, and follow either our page https://www.facebook.com/soloperfor...=bookmarks or the St. Louis Region SCCA Solo pages, you should get plenty of answers/references.

If you want to call or stop by (please let me know if you are doing the latter) we can chat about your project and you can see if you like us. I personally am a Mustang guy and have done a few of these over the years. We are not your typical car shop. (literally, you will understand if you see us)

Dave Whitworth
    MrRoarke

--
    14 Mar 2017 09:42 PM

Thanks, I might be able to come by during the day early next week. Shift work is no fun, but it occasionally affords me time do accomplish stuff during the day.

drhodes
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    15 Mar 2017 01:02 PM
    FWIW, Dave at SPS is the only shop I will let touch my STR prepped S2000. They really know what they are doing and understand what we want done to our cars. The last time I spoke to Dave he told me to go F*** myself, he still is the only person I will let touch my car.

Dr.Hodes
    47CP
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    16 Mar 2017 09:13 AM
    Not sure that it matters, but the situation where I told Dr. Hodes to try to procreate with himself was at an SCCA event and related to SCCA/NASA club matters and not as part of our customer/ship owner relationship.

DaveW

---