Last Post 30 Aug 2014 09:53 PM by  drdisque
The other side of the wheel
 1 Replies
Author Messages
DSccaC

--
29 Aug 2014 10:27 AM

Hello everyone,

I've been spending most of my life working on turf/golf equipment and though it has been OK (never fun) I have begun to look elsewhere to finish off my working years.

Way back when I had a sweet little MG BGT (70), Pontiac GTO (also 70), Studebaker Lark (64) and a number of other fun cars. My interest are on the mechanical side of racing and leaning more towards the vintage/foreign stock.

My question is of course where to begin? How and where would I be able to start, obviously more as an apprentice, or is it all left up to specialty shops and car owners doing it on their own?

It could all be just a pipe dream but sometimes you have to ask the question to find the answer.

CB

drdisque
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    30 Aug 2014 09:53 PM
    If you're looking to get into autocross and are open to towing your car to the event, you might find buying someone else's vintage roadster solo car set up for EP or GP class to be interesting, such as a Triumph or MG.

If you're looking for something more modern, there are numerous classes that a Miata can run in. Basically any direction you want to go in your Miata build, there's a class to race it in. Ones you may be particularly interested in are CSP and DP.

Finally, if you still prefer muscle cars and want to build something, you might want to look into building a CAM (Classic American Muscle) car.

---