Go to next topic
Last Post 30 Dec 2015 05:51 PM by  mtuhro
New to champ tour/Match Tour/Pro Solo
 7 Replies
Author Messages
slowfrc

--
09 Nov 2015 12:40 PM

Hello Ive been autocrossing locally for about 3-4 years now. I did a match tour event in the past, but I am looking to do a full dedicated effort for next years national/ match/ and pro solo events to possibly make it to Lincoln. The only advice I am seeking is how soon in advance does registration typically open for these events? I constantly see people complain that theyre sold out in minutes...

47CP
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    09 Nov 2015 01:56 PM
    I don't remember when they open registration, I think it is 45 or 60 days prior, but they will certainly mention it when they release the schedule for 2016.

I am not sure where you are located - the Wilmington and Washington DC events are the ones that sell out in 30 seconds. I think New Jersey and Toledo get very close to selling out as well.

Anyway, for the last several years, they have released the schedule in December and at that same time, they release the entry procedure and dates. They are very aware of the sellout issue and keep changing the policy to make it better (or less painful).

DaveW
    slowfrc

--
    09 Nov 2015 06:08 PM
    awesome thank you. I am in southwest ohio fwiw.
    drdisque
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    10 Nov 2015 01:03 AM
    Toledo Match Tour sold out in a few days, although most people on the waiting list got in after there were cancellations.
    Z3papa
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    10 Nov 2015 08:44 PM
    The Ohio events are notorious for selling out very fast after the registration opens. Just think like 10 minutes or less. If you want to get in these events, but there on the spot
    slowfrc

--
    28 Dec 2015 12:13 PM
    Okay I have another question. Do any of these "tours" have seasons points to work towards a season long championship?
    slowfrc

--
    30 Dec 2015 04:52 PM
    It states on the prosolo page on scca.com that "Class national championships and the overall prosolo championships are determined by combining regular season points with points earned at the prosolo finale in Lincoln." 

So do you earn regular season points for the national championship during champ tour events?

I see the most prosolo season points anyone can get is 70 points. 

By looking at last years season points, it looks like they take your two best finishes during the regular season and add that to your finale finish to crown a champion, is this correct? Is it the same way for the Champ Tour?

mtuhro

--
    30 Dec 2015 05:51 PM
    Afraid not.

---