Go to next topic
Last Post 28 Feb 2017 11:15 PM by  EliteFalcon
Budget for f-street
 5 Replies
Author Messages
Manatee

--
19 Feb 2016 10:55 AM
    I run in f-street 2014 Mustang 3.7L auto. I plan on getting new tire(Bridgestone) and wheels for this year. Plus I was thinking of adding front sway bar or shocks/struts. Any opinions on which will be more beneficial per cost.

I'm also thing of running in STP class which would allow wider wheels and tires. That would put me in a class where more modifications can be made. I plan on only doing tires, shocks/struts and sway bar as money will allow. Would the wider tires be worth moving to a different class?

Tim
    Manatee

--
    19 Feb 2016 03:41 PM
    I forget to add the tires are p238/50-18, wheels 18/8 right now I have all season tires on the car
    drdisque
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    20 Feb 2016 01:27 AM
    STP is a new class, so it's not clear what the best car to have will be, but it's likely to be a 2015+ Mustang with wide tires and a very well set up suspension. I don't imagine that the solid rear axle cars will stand much of a chance.

Your car isn't exactly great for FS either, but it won't be dreadfully off the pace, especially on tighter courses where the more powerful cars can't sing.

To get the RE-71R you'll have to go to 245/45/18, which should be no issue with your wheels and actually improve your gearing a little bit.
    Grintch
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    23 Feb 2016 02:15 PM

Don't forget about optional wheel sizes. For the s550's 20x9 wheels are optional for the base models, which means you could run a 19x9 in FS. I figure the late s197's likely have a similar big wheel option.

If your car is not fully prepared for FS, why would you even consider STP? If you do it for tires only, you will be more underprepared than you are now.

But then again, a V6 auto is never going to be super competitive in either class.  So do what you want and have fun.

cindy42

--
    17 Mar 2016 05:47 AM
    I'm looking to trade my '13 V6 PP in on a 16. If I do, I'll have Konis for sale, Magnaflow competiton catback exhaust, and maybe some wheels for sale. All cheap.
    EliteFalcon

--
    28 Feb 2017 11:15 PM
    Hi Tim! Did you went ahead with your plan?
    Posted By Tim on 19 Feb 2016 10:55 AM
    I run in f-street 2014 Mustang 3.7L auto. I plan on getting new tire(Bridgestone) and wheels for this year. Plus I was thinking of adding front sway bar or shocks/struts. Any opinions on which will be more beneficial per cost.

I'm also thing of running in STP class which would allow wider wheels and tires. That would put me in a class where more modifications can be made. I plan on only doing tires, shocks/struts and sway bar as money will allow. Would the wider tires be worth moving to a different class?

Tim

---