FS: Brand New Bridgestone RE-01R Tires 245/45/17
 12 Replies
Author Messages
Y2E0L0L5OGWT69
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
26 Feb 2010 09:26 AM

I have a set of (4) brand new (still stickered) Bridgestone RE-01R's that I bought last year & have never used. The RE-01R is a great STREET tire and is the predecessor to the Bridgestone RE-11 tire. Bridgestones have been tearing up street tire classes for a long time now.

The asking price is $250 if you come get them, $325 to ship them. The price is negotiable. If you have any questions or want any pictures, let me know.

E30bulldog
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    28 Feb 2010 10:27 AM
    size?
    Y2E0L0L5OGWT69
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    28 Feb 2010 10:51 AM

245/45/17

See thread title.

tunernewb92

--
    28 Feb 2010 11:25 PM

Ill buy them 220 cash, let me know whats up. Do I need to paypal you or meet you this weekend with cash. It will be local pickup but I can't get them until friday or saturday.

Re-edit: This is Brian Bullock (know some of the guys on this site), Gene and Corey Poole and Taylor George can vouch that they know who I am. This isn't a scam account or anything lol.

E30bulldog
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    01 Mar 2010 12:16 AM
    you going to fit these on the honda, brian?
    Y2E0L0L5OGWT69
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    01 Mar 2010 02:16 PM

I will meet you half way at $235. How's that? Depending on where you live, I can bring them to you & meet halfway or whatever, I live in Vicksburg, so if you're in the Jackson area, that won't be a problem at all.

tunernewb92

--
    03 Mar 2010 09:13 AM

Haha yeah gene, go big or go home, the tire place is going to hate me, but they run them on the civic wheels and claim they work well. Besides I am all but screwed right now as my current tires are shot.

Anyway yeah man I can do that price just fine. I can either drive down from starkville and grab them on friday/saturday, or you can drop them off at my shop in jackson on friday/saturday, or we can meet in bolton, its whatever you want to do, I flexible on this.

Tell you what give me a text, 601-831-2053

tgeorge
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    03 Mar 2010 05:25 PM

Brian, are you sure these tires will work with your lowering springs. I noticed the 245/45/17 is over an inch taller than the factory size tire for the SI. They might rub the fenderwell when you turn. They will probably roll like crazy also. Just making sure you have covered all your basis.

Chris (I'm not trying to screw you out of a sell, just making sure he knows the facts)

E30bulldog
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    04 Mar 2010 12:14 AM

Don't worry Taylor they will fit easily...

all you need is this SCCAForums Image

Enough with the jokes:

Who are you kidding Brian, the only way these are going to fit is with fender mods, and probably some wider wheels. But if you don't want to listen that's cool just figure it out the old fashion way. Oh, and what I mean by fit is to be able to turn the car not just roll in a straight line.

tunernewb92

--
    04 Mar 2010 01:11 PM

Taylor and Chris - I failed to realize that the 45 in 245/45/17 is a percentage of the tires overall width, not an actual measurement. This is my fault. Thank you taylor for reminding me of this. I do however, know that more than a few Civics with the HFP suspension run this size tire with only minor rubbing on the passenger side inner fender liner at full turn.

So yes Gene, I have done my homework on these, but I do appreciate your comments and know you are looking out for me.

I to am worried about the roll, initially I was not, however I decided to dig deeper and deeper into the bowels of my Civic website and finally found what I was looking for, complaints of people who said rolling was an issue. Initially I could not find these complaints, which is why I wanted these tires, but I think Chris I am going to have to back out of it.

I hope this doesn't leave a bad taste in your mouth, I almost never back out of a deal, but because the only other wheels I have are 7.5" and guady chrome, I refuse to put them on my car until I can have them powdercoated.

georgebpainter
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    23 Mar 2010 04:14 PM
    I'm probably waaaaay too late for this conversation - but I think I remember someone in MSSSCA or maybe a near relative, having a fender bead roller. Which can also be used a fender flare tool - if you don't mind the broken paint.
    Nick K

--
    03 May 2010 08:25 PM
    Do you still have these?
    Y2E0L0L5OGWT69
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    04 May 2010 06:56 AM
    No, I am sorry. I sold them a few weeks back.

---