Finally Got My Car on Track
 2 Replies
Author Messages
bmonnin1
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
21 Apr 2010 06:19 PM

Finally got my car out and ran an autocross this year. Only got video of the first four runs (battery died on the camera), had 6 competition runs and 3 fun runs. Just changed the suspension a couple of days before this. Disconnected the rear sway bar and put in a set of rear spring that were 100 lbs. more then the old springs (600 lb springs instead of 500 lb spirngs). Since I didn't know what I had underneath me and it has been 6 months my early runs were tentative but as I got more confident I was improving half a second per run until my last competitve run, which was only 0.3 second improvement. On the fun runs I had one bad run, one that almost matched my best competive run, and one that improved another half second. On my best run of the day I ended up being 2 seconds faster then any of the runs in the videos. Suspension change was a success. Not only did it make the car more neutral, since I wasn't lifting the inside tire because of the sway bar I was able to put power down sooner and harder (at least when I got my confidence back). Below are the links to the videos I took. Please remember these were early runs and I was still relearning the car and how to drive. Oh, by the way, wouldn't say that the drivers that show up at a Corvette Troy autocross are the best drivers but there were a few good drivers there and I beat all but two or three of them, and most of them were driving high horsepower Corvettes. Let me know what you think of the videos, trying a new video editing program with a new HD camera.

Kil-Kare Run 1

Kil-Kare Run 2

Kil-Kare Run 3

Kil-Kare Run 4

FWR Solo D

--
    22 Apr 2010 05:57 PM

AWESOME videos Bart - I wish I had my second car running so I could hit some of these events with the camera! I have the opportunity to record HD video now :P

What software you using to create the video production - nice job!

Jason

bmonnin1
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    23 Apr 2010 09:47 AM
    FWR Solo D wrote:

AWESOME videos Bart - I wish I had my second car running so I could hit some of these events with the camera! I have the opportunity to record HD video now :P

What software you using to create the video production - nice job!

Jason

Using PowerDirector, I believe it is from Cyberlink. I picked it because it can do picture in picture and wasn't outragious in price. Hopefully the next autox I do I will have two cameras working and can do a pip video.

---