WTB - super cheap laptop in FW area
 7 Replies
Author Messages
Peppler33CS
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
10 Aug 2009 07:14 PM

Looking for a super duper cheap laptop in the Fort Wayne/New Haven/Warsaw/Col City area. I just need to run tuning software in the car, I think it just needs to be windows 98/xp, serial port, and hopefully a USB port. Anyone have something laying in the back of a closet they are not using anymore???

My next step would be to search on Craigslist/ebay, but don't want to spend that much to be honest :)

Thanks!

Mazda3

--
    12 Aug 2009 10:59 AM

What are you considering super cheap? Name your price range. I might have a Dell Latitude C600 available soon. We are looking into upgrading my wife's laptop with a newer one. Look up the spec's on that model and let me know if you are interested. It does have a serial port, one usb on the back, 512 MB RAM and running XP Pro. Let me know.

Tom

eurobeaner

--
    12 Aug 2009 07:34 PM

im not sure what "super cheap" means, but seriously, now adays, the mini laptops are so cheap that you cant go wrong! i got the acer aspire one (8.9" screen, 160gb HD, 1gb ram, xp) its a small little computer. its ACTUALLY what max q data uses on the high end system. its a perfect size to put into the glove box while doing a run. ive seen them recently going for 220, 250 "refurbished" from circuit city online, or best buy, or newegg online.

the mini notebook is a real competitive market right now, theres new stuff coming out for christmas, and there will be RETARDED deals october/november. if you can wait that long, you could have a dual purpose laptop for the same price as used....

thats just my thought

Peppler33CS
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    13 Aug 2009 12:07 PM

Tom, I sent a PM. Let me know what you think one way or another. I'm gonna need something really soon.

Euro, not really familiar with the micro-laptops but I need something more then the Ipaq I use for Maxq data.

eurobeaner

--
    13 Aug 2009 05:32 PM

like i said. the new max q "veQtr" system USES the computer i have. its called an aspire one made by acer. think of a regular laptop (without cd drive) but tiny and the FULL ability of a computer. i use it as my internet surfing computer. perfect size to stick in my gf's purse and go somewhere

SCCAForums Image

heres a visual in comparison to the iphone. its about 1.5 iphones deep, by 2 iphones wide.

SCCAForums Image

SCCAForums Image

GChambers
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    22 Aug 2009 02:00 PM
    Andrew, I'd go with the netbook too. Small, light, can be used with your MaxQData and cheap to buy. I think it would be great to tune with also.
    eurobeaner

--
    22 Aug 2009 03:11 PM
    if you want, i could even bring it to grissom tomorrow for you to check out... let me know.
    Peppler33CS
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    22 Aug 2009 05:30 PM
    Agreed, the netbooks would be perfect for this and traveling. You could run the tuning software and then load your MaxQ datalogs... sweet. Tom hooked me up with his old laptop for now. Maybe Santa will bring me a netbook :)

---