FW Region Formula Junior Program
 1 Replies
Author Messages
Peppler33CS
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
24 Apr 2011 10:06 PM

It's been a little quiet in the Fort Wayne forums, so as Youth Steward for our region I'd like to add the announcement of our Formula Junior program relaunching this year!

Essentially, 8-11 year olds participate in FJB karts while 12-15 year olds participate FJA karts. Karts must be of racing design (WKA/IKF/etc approved) and must have an appropriate engine/exhaust/carb/restrictor (if needed) for the class. This is a great way of making events truly a family outing! Keep in mind, since these junior drivers are minors, all drivers must have a minor waiver signed by both parents. Also, expect us to fully hold to the ruleset outlined in the SCCA Solo Rulebook (http://www.scca.com/documents/2011%...ules.pdf).

Also refer to the guidelines posted on our webpage (http://cms.scca.com/documents/2011%...ines.pdf).

Please contact me through this forum, or our most awesome solo director Jason, if you have questions. I've spent about the last 6 months getting my sons kart up and running, have done a ton of research, and have had many conversations with other successful regions and other FJ members/youth stewards.

Our first event site was not approved for karts due to site limitations, but we will be good for upcoming Grissom events and the Coliseum event. Again, if you have any questions or if you just want to talk about our program, contact me or feel free just to walk up to me and introduce yourself at one of our events.

Thanks to all the FW members/board for allowing this to happen!!!

Andrew

Eclipse2Lancer
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    26 Apr 2011 11:22 AM
    Hi Andrew,
    FYI -- all of Indy events are kart friendly, and we are running most of our 2011 Solo schedule at Grissom.
    Karts always welcome!

---