13 Replies
Author Messages
Eclipse2Lancer
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
04 Jan 2008 08:53 AM

Who is running in it in 2008?

I assume all from last year (unless someone is dropping back to open class):

2007 List
    Geoff C.
    Gus H.
    Larry H.
    Brian D.
    Phil W.
    Raleigh B.
    Velma B.
    Joe K.
    Jim L.

2008 List
    Geoff C.
    Gus H. (according to Geoff)
    Larry H. (according to Geoff)
    Brian D.
    Will L.
    Raleigh (?)
    Velma (?)

Anyone else to add?

Bobzilla
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    04 Jan 2008 01:10 PM
    Will L. [;)]
    Bobzilla
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    04 Jan 2008 01:10 PM
    Will L. [;)]
    turbohappy
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    04 Jan 2008 01:11 PM

I wouldn't assume that everyone will be. I think some people were running X to try it out and because there wasn't much of any competition in their own class. Changing cars, etc, etc could have several people back to open.

I'm in for X in '08.

Eclipse2Lancer
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    04 Jan 2008 01:43 PM

Bobzilla wrote:
    Will L. [;)]

LOL....so nice you posted it twice!
    I think I will let you sweat that for a couple of months before I make up my mind. Funny thing is, I was considering it before you and Geoff suggested the idea.

turbohappy wrote:

I wouldn't assume that everyone will be. I think some people were running X to try it out and because there wasn't much of any competition in their own class. Changing cars, etc, etc could have several people back to open.

I'm in for X in '08.

Yeah....I probably shouldn't assume everyone. [:P]

Bobzilla
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    04 Jan 2008 03:05 PM
    I'm not sweating it. . .doesn't matter to me one way or the other. . .just thought you'd be a good fit for X-class.
    The Nebulizer
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    07 Jan 2008 12:06 PM
    turbohappy wrote:

I'm in for X in '08.

Is X Class intended to be 'expert' level racers? Or, is it open to any level racer that wants to compete using PAX adjustment? Can you choose to run X class at single events or is it something you declare for the season?

Eclipse2Lancer
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    07 Jan 2008 01:25 PM
    The Nebulizer wrote:
    turbohappy wrote:

I'm in for X in '08.

Is X Class intended to be 'expert' level racers? Or, is it open to any level racer that wants to compete using PAX adjustment? Can you choose to run X class at single events or is it something you declare for the season?

X Class is intended for our experienced members, and to work with the Novice program to help out the novices at events. Yes, you basically have to declare for the year. You will notice that most of last year's X class had a LOT of experience in it and were mostly near the top of the PAX results at every event.

This is one thing that we will add to the supplemental rules for 2008 (along with the Novice program description and the new trial SMS class).

turbohappy
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    07 Jan 2008 03:01 PM
    Eclipse2Lancer wrote:
    The Nebulizer wrote:

X Class is intended for our experienced members, and to work with the Novice program to help out the novices at events. Yes, you basically have to declare for the year. You will notice that most of last year's X class had a LOT of experience in it and were mostly near the top of the PAX results at every event.

This is one thing that we will add to the supplemental rules for 2008 (along with the Novice program description and the new trial SMS class).

You are welcome to run X class for a single event, but your points won't count in your normal class (aka it could hurt your year end points). So, most people will tend to commit for the whole year or not. No reason why you have to though.

GChambers
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    07 Jan 2008 03:50 PM

Gus and I are definitely running. I am almost certain Larry Harts is as well. He mentioned something about HS pax and STS2 pax and kicking some part of my anatomy about a month ago.

BTW, I am sure that Raliegh and Velma will also run X when they hit the Indy events.

In other words, your list should be fairly accurate.... [:$]

Eclipse2Lancer
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    15 Jan 2008 09:37 AM
    turbohappy wrote:
    Eclipse2Lancer wrote:
    The Nebulizer wrote:

You are welcome to run X class for a single event, but your points won't count in your normal class (aka it could hurt your year end points). So, most people will tend to commit for the whole year or not. No reason why you have to though.

The way the rules were originally written, X class is a year long commitment. See Supplemental Rules (updated for 2008)

Oh yeah....updated the OP. [;)]

Bobzilla
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    15 Jan 2008 09:50 AM
    I'll be honest, if I had another year here I'd join the list, somebody has to come in last place[:P]. But I don't have much to offer our new racers. Maybe next year. . .
    turbohappy
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    15 Jan 2008 12:26 PM
    Eclipse2Lancer wrote:

The way the rules were originally written, X class is a year long commitment. See Supplemental Rules (updated for 2008)

Oh yeah....updated the OP. [;)]

Wow! I had no idea. Well ignore me then. New supps look good, BTW.

kar120c

--
    17 Jan 2008 06:38 PM
    I'm still chewing on it.. I probably won't decide until I arrive at the first event! I'll see how I feel about my winter mods.

---