Go to next topic
Last Post 14 Aug 2015 03:54 PM by  CHORTEN
Good Alignment shop?
 7 Replies
Author Messages
JJGatesE30

--
13 Apr 2011 07:32 PM

Who knows of a good place to get an alignment around indy? Really, I just want to get the front Toe adjusted rather than a full alignment. Anybody know a good place?

Thanks!

Justin

SccaDaub

--
    13 Apr 2011 08:48 PM

If you're downtown sometimes, I'd recommend:

Matt's Alignment Service Inc

725 North Capitol Avenue, Indianapolis, IN

They adjusted my Solstice pretty well a few years ago, and it's a difficult car to get right. The guy I talked to ( I can't remember who it was) said they frequently align 'problem' cars - either half-fixed wrecks or cut-coil-ghetto-ricers - with decent results.... So special requests, race setups, or odd requests are not a big deal there.

SccaDaub

--
    13 Apr 2011 08:48 PM

If you're downtown sometimes, I'd recommend:

Matt's Alignment Service Inc

725 North Capitol Avenue, Indianapolis, IN

They adjusted my Solstice pretty well a few years ago, and it's a difficult car to get right. The guy I talked to ( I can't remember who it was) said they frequently align 'problem' cars - either half-fixed wrecks or cut-coil-ghetto-ricers - with decent results.... So special requests, race setups, or odd requests are not a big deal there.

fuzzyk

--
    14 Apr 2011 09:24 AM

I would recommend the new Tire Barn in Fishers by 141st St and Highway 37. The tech is a cool guy and will let you come back and stand with him so that you get the car exactly how you want it. He told me he really enjoys helping people setting up their cars, so he likes taking the extra time for folks who care.

On a separate note that Tire Barn will give you a small discount (they gave me $20 off, but still was nice), if you bring your wheels in and leave them so they can install at their convenience. Helpful if you aren't in a hurry.

14010 Mundy Dr
    Fishers, IN 46038
    (317) 774-8473

nutty944
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    14 Apr 2011 06:57 PM
    fuzzyk wrote:

I would recommend the new Tire Barn in Fishers by 141st St and Highway 37. The tech is a cool guy and will let you come back and stand with him so that you get the car exactly how you want it. He told me he really enjoys helping people setting up their cars, so he likes taking the extra time for folks who care.

On a separate note that Tire Barn will give you a small discount (they gave me $20 off, but still was nice), if you bring your wheels in and leave them so they can install at their convenience. Helpful if you aren't in a hurry.

14010 Mundy Dr
    Fishers, IN 46038
    (317) 774-8473

That Tire Barn needs to talk to ours. They will not touch my car because 1- suspension has been modifyed 2- its a Porsche. They told me they will not even pull in to measure a porsche, BMW, Mercedes, or basically anything european, or anything with a modifyed suspension. There was only 1 shop in our town that would even be willing to measure it. Lafayette sucks.

jchiu

--
    14 Apr 2011 08:03 PM
    nutty944 wrote:
    fuzzyk wrote:

14010 Mundy Dr
    Fishers, IN 46038
    (317) 774-8473

That Tire Barn needs to talk to ours. They will not touch my car because 1- suspension has been modifyed 2- its a Porsche. They told me they will not even pull in to measure a porsche, BMW, Mercedes, or basically anything european, or anything with a modifyed suspension. There was only 1 shop in our town that would even be willing to measure it. Lafayette sucks.

Talk to Dubbers Inc. on Earl Av., I've seen a Jag E-type in their lot when I took the Miata in for an alignment before. I'm sure they've also done sever of Tom's Mercs as well.

nutty944
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    14 Apr 2011 08:32 PM
    jchiu wrote:
    nutty944 wrote:
    fuzzyk wrote:

14010 Mundy Dr
    Fishers, IN 46038
    (317) 774-8473

Talk to Dubbers Inc. on Earl Av., I've seen a Jag E-type in their lot when I took the Miata in for an alignment before. I'm sure they've also done sever of Tom's Mercs as well.

They said no as well. Ended up using Lyons downtown off 3rd st, they did a great job, used my specs, let me be right there, and even didnt mind me helping out.

Sorry to hijack a thread on a tangent.

CHORTEN

--
    14 Aug 2015 03:54 PM

HEY I FOUND A PLACE IN CARMEL THAT NOT ONLY DOES ALIGNMENTS, BUT HEAVY REPAIRS ALSO. FOUND THEM AFTER A FERARRI FRIEND SAID HE TAKES HIS CARS THERE ALL THE TIME. FOUND THEM TO BE HONEST, EXCELLENT SERVICE AND FAIR PRICING. THE PORSCHE EXPERT THERE HAS WORKED FOR GNASSI RACING FOR A LONG TIME. PLACE IS CALLED MIKAR.  ANYTHING EURO AND RACING WORK.

CHEERS!

---