Go to next topic
Last Post 30 Jan 2013 07:27 PM by  StrikerTC
2013 SCCA Rallyx Planning Meeting
 2 Replies
Author Messages
StrikerTC

--
21 Dec 2012 08:32 PM

We are going to have a planning meeting for the 2013 season on Jan 3.

2126 South Sherman Drive Indianapolis, IN 46203

Time: 7:00pm

We need to get some dates set, figure out who is doing what and where we need help. If you are interested in helping or have any suggestions, please come on out. If you can't make it but still want to help, feel free to contact me at indyrallyx@gmail.com
    StrikerTC

--
    01 Jan 2013 07:19 PM
    We've decided to move this to 1/12 @ 1pm at the same location.

Between having a baby on the way and solo, I don't know how much time I'm going to be able to dedicate to running rallyx next season. In light of this, I think it would be better if someone can step up to run the show or at least run the events in case I can't make it for whatever reason. I can help train you on everything or I can work on all the back end stuff and you run the events. I was planning on next season being my last running it anyway so this would be a good segway into someone taking over the program. Please let me know if you are interested and we can talk about it further. I would also suggest you come to the meeting so it can be discussed as a group.
    StrikerTC

--
    30 Jan 2013 07:27 PM
    We really need help, more than every, with our rallyx program. As it stands now, I will have to be the primary (possibly only) safety steward for at least our first 3 events (Brian Ballinger doesn't think he can make the first 3 at least). This means I can't be the event chair (run the event) and safety steward at the same time. First and foremost, that's against the rules. Besides, it's entirely too much work trying to get the bus too and from events, run the events and safety steward them also. Add to it not being able to drive if I'm the only safety steward and it makes for a not very fun day. So here is the situation. If someone doesn't step up to start running the events, I will have no choice but to start canceling dates till someone does start running events (or the program) or we get another safety steward. We also need help in some other areas. Here is a list of who is helping (that I know for sure) any where we still need help. If you can help in any of these, please let me know.

Program/Event Chair: Me and/or ?
    Safety Steward: Me and ? (maybe Brian if his schedule allows)
    Course Design: ?
    Tech: Vito
    Registration/Timing & Scoring: Ryan and Danny(?)
    Bus/Equipment: Me
    Worker Chief: ?
    Photographer: ? (because of how we are going awards, we need 1-2 people to take pics of every car at every event. This was a real pain trying to find pics of every car that trophied an event so we need 1-2 people that, at least one of them, will be at every event to get every car on course).

So please, if you can help, let me know asap.

---