National Championship PAX/RTP Index Results
 9 Replies
Author Messages
rtp.rick
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
22 Sep 2015 04:52 PM

Attached are PDFs of the PAX/RTP Index Results from the 2015 Tire Rack Solo National Championship event.  Please note the the "Class Pos." Column indicates the Class Position for that set of Results.  It indicates how each driver did on each course.

H's & K's,
    Rick Ruth

Attachments
    loosecannon
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    26 Sep 2015 01:33 PM
    Thank you, excellent work!
    ron
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    26 Sep 2015 09:29 PM
    As always the same classes are at the top of the pax, THESE classes need MAJOR adjustments or there is no reason for the pax. I thought I ran pretty well, only got 1 good day, and when a class has 16 participants that pax ahead of me at #153 there should be some major recalculation. Just my .02 Not that I should be a marker but look at the names etc and this all above 150 , ssr 14 ,esp 15, sm 10, bsp 9, ssm 16,csp 9 . All these classes had this # of participants above # 150 in the pax. These classes clearly need massive recalculations in my opinion, you can't use generalized local info for these cars because you only see this level of true prep once a year and that is the info that should be used to calculate the pax not the other noise. Just my .02 been seeing this for too many years.
    Thanks Rick
    Ron Williams
    jcox

--
    02 Oct 2015 06:32 AM
    Some street tire classes didn't get a dry run on Tuesday morning and this skewed the results more than you think, which is why the classes that got all dry runs on both days paxed better. If you go back and look at who won the 15 super shootouts in pro and the match tours, 12 of those were won by street tire classes/cars and only 3 by r-comps/slicks. I think it is closer than most think with the new bridgestone making a huge difference and maybe even the street tire classes needing a pax adjustment more so than the r-comp classes. Just my opinion.
    rtp.rick
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    07 Oct 2015 05:53 PM

Ron,

As you pointed out, the National event is run on a concrete surface, most Regional events are not.  Yes, the Index is used for some things at the Nationals, but it is more often used by Regions on an asphalt surface (hundreds of events).  Also, as Jeff pointed out, percipitation played a big part in several of the Street classes.  The National Championship event is a very worthy data point, but it is just one (or maybe two) events.

As you may know, I had recommended a factor of .975 be applied to the Street classes (including Street Touring) for concrete surfaces.  I may post a different set of results that incorporate that factor.  We'll see if I get time for that.  I'm currently very busy working out the factors for next year.  There may be some major shifts, but not necessarily in the way you hope.

Thanks for the thanks, with Numerous H's & K's,
    Rick Ruth

ron
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    15 Oct 2015 07:12 AM

I was extrapolating the dry Friday information in my original post. I was fastest in D street in the dry on Friday and all those participants paxed ahead of me and I was at 153 in the pax. I know that last year you recommended the .975 factor for street tired cars, why not factor something into this years percentages or next that will allow for that. I can see the factor being somewhere in the .985 overall difference, just don't see the concreter specifically being that much. These same classes have ended up at nat's this far ahead for years, even going back to r comp days, seconds ahead of all the other classes. 

Thanks for all your hard work Rick as always my post may look mean but that is not intended. ;)

Ron Williams   

rtp.rick
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    18 Oct 2015 07:30 PM

I did not take it as mean spirited, Ron, so all is good.  I just don't think it would be fair to all of the Regions that use the Index for overall scoring (most of them) if it is based on what happens on a concrete surface in Nebraska.  That event is very far removed from what happens on asphalt, all year, throughout the country.  As mentioned, I've recommeneded to the National Office the .975 concrete factor for street tired cars, but that has fallen on deaf ears.  As an aside, I also recommened a completely different set of factors for Pro Solos, but was told there was no interest in that for 2015.  Apprently, the National Office feels that thyer is no difference between a Pro Solo anda regular Solo event, no matter the surface.  (??)

Have a great off-season, with H's & K's,
    Rick Ruth

sjfehr
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    18 Oct 2015 08:39 PM

Rick, I think a lot of people and a lot of regions are interested in those numbers, and I bet many people at nationals are, too. If PAX/RTP is designed primarily for asphalt and intended to be used with a .975 modifier for concrete sites, can you put that on your website next year when you publish the updated baseline index?

Thanks!
    rtp.rick
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    19 Oct 2015 01:19 PM

I had thought I said it enough times and had recommended that to the National Office.  At any rate, I no longer have a viable website (Xfinity cancelled the free site we had) and I haveen't been able to find anyone else to set a new one up with.

As I mentioned to Ron, if I get time I'll try to do an alternate set of National Results.

Rick

sjfehr
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    19 Oct 2015 04:52 PM
    Oh, that stinks about Xfinity! With all the work you've done to the benefit of pretty much every region in the nation, will the national office provide hosting for you? I'd need to run it through my region's board, but we can probably host you on ODR-SCCA's website if you need. Google sites is free, too.

---