Theoretical Concrete Factored Nationals
 1 Replies
Author Messages
rtp.rick
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
04 Nov 2015 04:13 PM

I have attached PDF Index Results of the 2015 National Championships using a .975 Concrete Factor for classes using street tires.

I would recommend using the multiplier for all "grippy" concrete sites, but that may be hard to determine.  That's the major reason I don't offer that "officially".  Pungo Field is concrete, but not very grippy and is small enough that using the .975 factor would be completely inappropriate, whereas sites like Lincoln Airpark, Wilmington Airport, Toledo Express Airport and Grissom Aeroplex, using this factor would help equalize the Categories.

H's & K's,
    Rick Ruth

Attachments
    sjfehr
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    18 Nov 2015 07:52 PM
    Rick, thanks for posting the 2015 nationals & 2016 numbers, and thanks to SPS for hosting! What do you think about ACU-4, do you have enough data to know if the concrete adjustment is more appropriate than the base index?

As to Pungo, the concrete itself is grippy, but the surface is very uneven, which causes... odd things. Street tire shod cars generally do MUCH better at Pungo than ACU4, but I suspect the interaction is complex and related as much to spring rates and driving style as grip. I've not been able to see a consistent pattern, though. It's a small lot, but big enough that the course design is not appreciably different than other sites (aside from courses being short).

---