Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12
Author Messages
T2Racer

--
04 Jan 2001 09:29 AM
"and you could finance it"

OK, I admit that I have my T2 Cobra financed (used to be my street car), but how many of the big boys in T1 actually do this?
9D2

--
04 Jan 2001 09:43 AM
What year cars are legal for T1/T2? Is it the same for Motorola & W/C?
Scotty B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
04 Jan 2001 07:51 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by T2Racer:
[b]"and you could finance it"

OK, I admit that I have my T2 Cobra financed (used to be my street car), but how many of the big boys in T1 actually do this?[/b]

I know of at least 2 T1 cars that are/were hawked SCCAForums Image It really is no big deal either way IMO, you have to pay for it either way...
I am not saying I recomend it just that it is one way to go...

sbw
Scotty B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
04 Jan 2001 07:58 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Erik Skirmants:
[b] What about motor rebuilds? Just buy a new one? Something is missing here. Don't you need a blue printed motor
[/b]

There are gains to be found in blueprinting yes but not mandatory to be competitive. In 1999 the heads had never been off my C5 and we ran in the front 2 rows all weekend...
[QUOTE][b]

Insurance, now there's one that got my attention. I understood pulling that off with a car with a bolt in cage, but with a welded one[/b]

Pretty simple, who says you can't have a cage? Go to a PCA event sometime and see how many cages and bars and seats and suspension mods are used for back and forth to work cars... Now be sure and understand I am talking about comprehensive (fire theft vandalism) here not collision SCCAForums Image

C'mon in, the waters fine!

sbw
Lars Briedis

--
05 Jan 2001 10:09 AM
Some insurance companies pay for track racing. In other words they do not stipulate that racing is not allowed.

They would pay for damage but probbaly drop you after that.

My policy has NO Liablitly coverage for speed contests but does not say anything about it in the collision section.

And my insurace broker confirmed this also.
asedanracer

--
06 Jan 2001 09:20 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Scotty B:
[b]

Or buy a 97 or 98 swimmer (flood car) for like $21k cage it for $3.5k (nice custom welded) [/b]

You guys have paid $3.5k for a cage?! Maybe I should be raising my prices. Either someone is getting hosed, or someone has WAAAYYY too much money!

------------------
Chris Wire
RaceCar Engineering
A/S Mustang #35
Central Florida Reg.

[url="http://home.mindspring.com/~twire wrote:
http://home.mindspring.com/~twire[/URL]
Mike

--
06 Jan 2001 10:46 AM
$3500 does seem pricey but after looking at the pics of Scottys car it has a lot of additional bracing added to it, and it depends on how "pretty" the welding is as well, i can get a normal cage for IT/GT cars installed for less than $1500, also i think many shops charge according to the car.
a porsche or similar may pay more than a mustang or maxda.

------------------
Mike Gibson
GT4 Nissan, 240Z convt.
Lars Briedis

--
06 Jan 2001 06:01 PM
For the C5 you can get a bolt in KIRK for $650. I went custom to avoid the bar in the view and legs hitting the side bar syndrom.

I have a custom cage it took 2 weeks for the guy to make it. (not straight time of course)

I paid around 3k for it and it is worth every penny. Way out of my vision, lots of leg and arm room, does not hit my head. I am 6-8" tall so custom was the only way to go.

Plus custom cages are stronger that bolt in and they add structual rigidy to the car.
Jim Leithauser

--
07 Jan 2001 06:37 AM
The TV issue is one of numbers. Most of the races at Runoffs have been good in T1 and T2 but they need to be well attended and that takes time. I've been in (sitting in) on the decision making process for schedule and tried to get them to showcase these new classes but the politics (and sponsors) haven't seen it our way. I'll do my part next year with a T2 entry and Tunnell will probably be back with another. You have to agree that 50 cars going for the green is exciting for the viewer (and that sells it to the advertiser). Hang in there, it'll come if we keep growing and not having TV for your race at Runoffs isn't the end of the world.

------------------
Jim Leithauser
SSB 74 / ITS 74
Scotty B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
07 Jan 2001 12:12 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by asedanracer:
[b] You guys have paid $3.5k for a cage?! Maybe I should be raising my prices. Either someone is getting hosed, or someone has WAAAYYY too much money![/b]

No, I don't pay that but I have heard of some who do, if you want a truly nice non-intrusive cage to make ingress & egress easy for a big guy and not hack up the interior and actually be able to see out of the car it will get more expensive.

If you are a little tiny guy and can make do with a bolt in then your costs just went down didn't they :-)??

sbw
Scotty B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
07 Jan 2001 12:16 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mike:
[b]$3500 does seem pricey but after looking at the pics of Scottys car it has a lot of additional bracing added to it[/b]

If yer seeing pictures of my *cage* you are looking at the wrong car, thats the W/C car on my web page and it is more than $3.5k

sbw
T2-#5

--
17 Jan 2001 12:31 PM
T2 Mustangs (94-98) that want to run in Motorola Cup will want to swap whatever motor you have for a 351. VIN numbers mean nothing, just that early ones need to swap to the late model tail lights. Basically it is sort of an updated 95 Cobra R setup with 2 different engine setups based on Comp ratio and a resulting weight break for a lower compression engine (11.6:1 vs 10.7:1, 3300# vs 3200#, 60mm vs 65mm restrictor plate).
Sunshine C5

--
18 Jan 2001 08:48 AM
I run a LS1 crate motor in my car. ( I ruined # 3&4 bearings in the original motor when I ran MC at Sebring last year). The car is bone stock with a 2000 clutch in it ( because the early 1999-2000s clutch screws up your transmission synchros) with the T1 Kit. It is insured becasue I test drive it on the streets sometimes :-) Mostly the insurance is for fire-theft-etc. I have a ZO6 crate motor coming and should be here in a week or two. I was able to set a faster lap than the ZO6s at Sebring for the first national ( unfortunatly I was hit hard on the first lap by a T2 car). At Moroso, I was very much in the hunt to the ZO6s. So much that one of the punted me off on lap two when I was in second place.

The car has been reliable, but the ZO6 is the way to go. they left me on the straights.
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12

G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
Sunoco 88x31 Button
SPS 88x31 Button Woodhouse Motorsports

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner