T2 questions
 6 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
TypeSH

--
10 Jan 2001 06:25 PM
    I am considering making my Prelude TypeSH into a T2 racer. In the GCR the Prelude is allowed higher rate springs (800r,600f), a bigger rear swaybar(28mm) and 16x8 rims. I would prefer springs of a lower spring rate, a 25mm rear swaybar, and 15x7 wheels as I already have these on my car. Are my only options stock or these listed mods or can I use what I already have which is in between stock and the ones listed? Thanks.

[This message has been edited by TypeSH (edited January 10, 2001).]
    T2Racer

--
    11 Jan 2001 05:01 AM
    My understanding is that you have to use parts/settings that have stock sizes and specifications unless the GCR says it allows a substition.

For instance, you said you already have 15x7 wheels. If that is what size the car came with from the factory, you can use those OR upgrade to the 16" wheels the GCR allows as a substitution.

Same with the springs. You have to use the stock springs OR upgrade to the ones listed as substitutions. You can't pick parts that are in between.

Get that car converted and come play with us in T2. I am in the Houston Region SCCA and race at TWS quite a bit. It would be great to have some more people to play with.
    TypeSH

--
    11 Jan 2001 12:50 PM
    I would not mind going with the bigger swaybar, except Neuspeed has discontinued it. I have no problems with going with the springs listed and I think I can get them. My major problem is with the rims size. The stock size is 16x6.5 and I am allowed as an upgrade to 16x8. With a 16" wheel I would have to go with 225/50/16, which makes my active torque differential malfunction because it is almost an inch taller than the stock 205/50/16. I have been using 225/50/15 on 15x7” rims in autocrossing and lapping events with no problems so I would like to stick this setup. I applied for my novice license yesterday and want to come play, but it looks like not in T2.
    T2Racer

--
    11 Jan 2001 01:14 PM
    Sorry to hear that you will not be going us in T2.

That is one thing that is bad about the Touring or showroom stock classes, SCCA is pretty strict on what you can run.

You couold probably do something in ITE. There you could build what ever type of Prelude you wanted. But who knows what you will end up racing againt.

I was going to suggest looking into a regular IT class (A, B, C) but I think you still have to use the 16" wheels. Might check the GCR.

I noticed that you said you just applied for your novice license. Are you going to the school/regional race at TWS Jan 20the and 21st? I will be there.
    TypeSH

--
    11 Jan 2001 06:33 PM
    I would like to go if I could. Is there a cut off date for registration? Do I have to get my car teched before I go? I have all the safety equipment and I see no reason why it would not pass tech but I would like someone to look it over before I go down there. Also, can I buy the required SCCA stickers and drivers suit patch at the track? I got a SCCA order form but it says it will take 3-4 weeks from them. I need a mentor to help me get started. Know anyone nice up here in Dallas that could help me out?
    David Dewhurst

--
    12 Jan 2001 05:48 AM
    TypeSH

1. With reference to regestration: Go to [url="http://www.scca.org/"]www.scca.org/[/URL] find the regional site where you plan to race, ask for the entrance form, ask someone in the region you belong about getting the car tech before the school day.

2. Call Pegasus Auto Racing Supplies at 1-800-688-6946 for the suit patch and a decal package (3 "SCCA club racing" decals, 1 red "E" decal and 1 "Off" decal). They happen to be in Wisconsin but you will have your decals in a couple days. Approx $10.00

3. Be totaly "prepared" when you arrive at the track.

4. If there is an open track day (where no lisence is required) before your school it would be good time to become familiar with your car.

Success @ the Track
    T2Racer

--
    12 Jan 2001 07:50 AM
    I think you can sign up as late as Friday night (but you may have to pay a late fee). But you will need to be in College Station Friday night for the novice driver's meeting.

I don't know if you could get the stickers etc at the track, but as mentioned above Pegasus can get them to you. I think SCCA could even get them to you. I have never waited 3-4 weeks for my stuff.

As far as tech goes, you can do that at the track, they just may put you at the end of the line so to speak.

Do you already have a log book for the car?

If you email me a reminder, I will send you the name nad number for the registrar of the race.

The local SCCA for your area can be found at [url="http://www.texasscca.org."]www.texasscca.org.[/URL] Contacting someone listed on the site would be the best way to find a mentor. Look under the "Contacts" tab at the left of the screen.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Vorshlag 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner