Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
jrem72
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
08 Jan 2001 06:33 PM
    I am making the transition from a Neon to a Miata SSB car. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
    DHMichael

--
    09 Jan 2001 11:51 AM
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by jrem72:
    [b]Miata SSB car...Any info...[/b]

Join the Mazda Support program. It will help financially and technically.
    [url="http://www.mazdausa.com/motorsports/racing/default.asp wrote:
    http://www.mazdausa.com/motorsports/racing/default.asp[/URL]

You will want Hawk pads from the competition department. I would suggest "Blue". You will use two sets of front to 1 set of rears.

I would suggest Hoosier tires.

The K&N air filter is a good choice.

- Michael
    jrem72
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    09 Jan 2001 12:33 PM
    Thanks for the suggetions. How much time and what do you do to set your car up before a race? What seems to be the most important stuff to watch? etc.
    MiataRacer

--
    09 Jan 2001 12:41 PM
    I would suggest Kumho tires. You will get very good wear and they are good for quite a few heat cycles.

The other info is on par. Congratulations on your choice, the Miata is hard to beat in SSB! Ask anyone not driving one.
    DHMichael

--
    09 Jan 2001 01:32 PM
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by jrem72:
    [b]How much time and what do you do to set your car up before a race? What seems to be the most important stuff to watch? [/b]

I usually change the motor oil, plugs, set camber, front/rear toe, examine the rotors, and bleed the brakes as a minimum.

I have gone through a few wheel studs believe it or not. I now carry a full set of spare studs, front and rear rotors, spare brake pads, and plugs. I have three sets of wheels. Two with dry tires and one with what I'll call my rain tires (actually they are just a set of RE730's until I can afford a set of real "wet" tires).

The front runners and those with more dollars at their disposal probably have a better spares setup and may go about preparing their cars a little more before each race. I hope some of them will join in with their recommendations.

- Michael
    jrem72
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    09 Jan 2001 04:48 PM
    I have 8 alloys and 4 steel wheels. Do you think I can get away with the steels for the rain tires. I have and abundance of Goodyears leftover from the Neon. I am planning on using them up before I get new tires. I also have a set of Toyo's which came with the car. I bought the car from Dave Moran in Colorado which was a Bob Schader car. It is a 96 red, does anyone know the car?
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Vorshlag 88x31 Button Leroy Engineering Micro Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner