2nd generation RX-7
 2 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Karl Bocchieri

--
01 Jan 2001 10:44 AM
    Im getting tired of ITS and I was wondering how competitave the 7 will be with limited prep rules. I have heard of a few in other regions but have never seen one up close or spoken with anyone who has made the plunge. Any coment would be appreciated.
    Chuck Clark

--
    01 Jan 2001 11:59 AM
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Karl Bocchieri:
    [b]Im getting tired of ITS and I was wondering how competitave the 7 will be with limited prep rules. I have heard of a few in other regions but have never seen one up close or spoken with anyone who has made the plunge. Any coment would be appreciated.[/b]

Karl,

Erik Skirmants is the guy to discuss this with. Erik and Luis Rivera were the only 2 2nd gen RX-7's at this year's Runoffs. They both have well prepared, well driven cars.

The cars are pretty heavy, and probably not in a position to win the Runoffs right now, but there might be some adjustments in the future. As of right now, the 1st gen RX-7 is the better of the two cars.
    Erik Skirmants

--
    02 Jan 2001 04:38 AM
    EP is definetely a great place to race a 2nd Gen. Rx7. Long term it will be one of the cars to have (once competitive it's alwasy good to have one of the most reliable cars SCCAForums Image). It would be very easy to give you either false hope or scarry comparisons. Let me see if I can walk the tightrope. SpeedSource RX7's are very cheap compatred to a top EP car...but a great ITS car with slicks and a decent porting job will do very very well and have no trouble making the Runoffs. For there it's a long road, but as usual 20% of the tricks get you 80% of the speed, or maybe 95%... only hindsight will make me an expert on what it's going to take to within a secon of the fast cars....

------------------
    Erik Skirmants
    #07 EP RX7 Convert.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Woodhouse Motorsports
    SPS 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button Leroy Engineering Micro Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner