4 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Britbox

--
09 Jan 2001 07:14 AM
    greetings

i am attempting to develop a checklist for my "crew" better known as wife for race day prep. and paddock stuff etc.

i know some of you folks have probably developed a pretty good format that leaves nothing to chance. would anyone mind sharing if they do?

Frankster@mindspring.com
    racer-john

--
    09 Jan 2001 09:39 AM
    I made one and it's a great help. some of the more important items:
    chech for loose sh*t inside of car SCCAForums Image
    Hood pins SCCAForums Image
    torque wheels
    fill the damm gas tank SCCAForums Image
    Any way don't forget the stupid stuff...

------------------
    John W.
    EP 2nd. gen Rx-7
    Erik Skirmants

--
    10 Jan 2001 09:13 AM
    I've had trouble downloading the list before, but try Kurt and Stephanie Weiss' website:
    [url="http://members.aol.com/weissracin/index.htm"]http://members.aol.com/weissracin/index.htm[/URL]

I think it is under forms. Good luck with your new crew. SCCAForums Image Those of us with involved spouses are truly the lucky ones!!! The nice thing on a Prod. grid is that she has much less chance of getting run over in the golf cart race after the flase grid is cleared, and there are many more spouses' doing the same thing (verses other class pre-grids).

------------------
    Erik Skirmants
    #07 EP RX7 Convert.
    FIAT90FP

--
    16 Jan 2001 09:46 AM
    If yiu have access to old SportsCar issues, the April 1994 issue had a good article by Jim Kearney "Crewing: How to Work at Ground Zero." Also (way back then) a book, "Crewing" was written by Grace Schmitt. Address 1671 Clovis Avenue, San Jose CA 95124 (1994 prices) $ 12.00 plus $2.50 poatage and handling. The SportsCar article is a good starter, Crewing goes much further, particularly in the area of data acquisition/record keeping

Frankster@mindspring.com[/B]
    wtracing80

--
    17 Jan 2001 05:18 AM
    Does anybody have a copy of this article? As a novice going to my first school in March, I know that I need a check list to start with and then I can ammend it as I go. If you could scan it and then email to me I could post it on my web site for other 'newbies' to utilize as well.

------------------
    Dayle Frame
    Driver (#80 HP, Sprite), F&C
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Vorshlag 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner