ROLL CAGE
 4 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
coolsaleen

--
15 Jan 2001 04:10 PM
    I recently purchased a 6 point roll cage from Kirk Racing and have no idea how to fit it in my car! I have a 94 cobra I plan on running in Asedan in a year or so. Can some one email me some pics to give me some ideas!!! The forward bars look way to long unless I remove the dash, maybe thats the problem. :confused
    Ken Grammer

--
    15 Jan 2001 07:37 PM
    I suggest giving Mark Stewart at Kirk Racing a call. I'm sure he would be more than glad to give you some suggestions. You can also e-mail Mark at info@kirkracing.com.

------------------
    Ken Grammer
    R.E. Alabama Region
    SEDiv AS Camaro #61
    Starter/F&C Worker
    T2-#5

--
    17 Jan 2001 01:12 PM
    Is it the Kirk SS type cage? I have one of his 6 point cages in my 95 T2 Cobra.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by coolsaleen:
    [b]I recently purchased a 6 point roll cage from Kirk Racing and have no idea how to fit it in my car! I have a 94 cobra I plan on running in Asedan in a year or so. Can some one email me some pics to give me some ideas!!! The forward bars look way to long unless I remove the dash, maybe thats the problem. :confused[/b]
    coolsaleen

--
    18 Jan 2001 06:16 PM
    It is a standard 6 point cage, don't know about the ss . I tried it again tonight and got it in where the forard bars are going to fit. I guess I was holding my mouth wrong SCCAForums Image
    What is the difference in T2 and Asedan?
    THANKS !!!!

[This message has been edited by coolsaleen (edited January 18, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by coolsaleen (edited January 18, 2001).]
    Ken Grammer

--
    18 Jan 2001 06:29 PM
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by coolsaleen:
    [b]What is the difference in T2 and Asedan?
    [/b]

Wow...there are a [b]LOT[/b] of differences between T2 and Asedan. Here are a few...

In AS, you can gut the interior. You can't in T2.

In AS, the engines are highly modified 302 (Ford) or 305 (GM) units. T2 requires stock engines. Newer Ford and GM models have to "backdate" to 302/305 engines...not an easy task.

AS has no provision for fuel injected cars. LT1/LS1 and the ford 4.6L engine aren't eligible.

Suspensions are different.

GM AS cars can switch to a Ford 9" rear.

The list goes on. The best way to answer this question is to contact Denver and order a GCR. Or, if you simply interested in reading the differences for general informational purposes, see if you can find someone who is about to throw out their 2000 GCR and borrow it on its way to the recycle bin!

Good luck...

------------------
    Ken Grammer
    R.E. Alabama Region
    SEDiv AS Camaro #61
    Starter/F&C Worker
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Leroy Engineering Micro Button Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner