MSD HEI Replacement Unit Experience?
 2 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Ken Grammer

--
17 Jan 2001 05:01 PM
    Has anyone had any experience with MSD's HEI replacement kit? I just purchased one for my Camaro and I'm frankly a little concerned about a few things.

First, the coil comes with a "power tower" that doesn't seem to engange securely in the coil. I'm worried that it might come loose. Second, the HEI replacement coil cover didn't seem to fit the distributer very well. I'm worried about moisture in the top of the distributor.

I'm pleased with the rest of the unit though. So I guess my question is...has anyone run this setup and had any problems with the coil connections?

------------------
    Ken Grammer
    R.E. Alabama Region
    SEDiv AS Camaro #61
    Starter/F&C Worker
    kgobey

--
    17 Jan 2001 08:13 PM
    Ken,

Have you posted this question to Asedan.com or the associated mailing list? I just thought the focus there may be a little more on topic.

Do you happen to have an older Asedan ITCS for a future Asedan-er/ITE-er with a Mustang.

Kieran
    Kierangobey@mindspring.com
    Ken Grammer

--
    18 Jan 2001 06:17 PM
    I meant to post on the ASedan list last night, but didn't get to it. Its on the list for tonight.

I've alreay promised my 2000 GCRs to my brother. He's considering joining (again) and coming to play with us in some capacity but he needs to bone up on the rules a bit first! SCCAForums Image

Sorry...but there should be someone else lurking with an old GCR they would like to give away to a good home!

------------------
    Ken Grammer
    R.E. Alabama Region
    SEDiv AS Camaro #61
    Starter/F&C Worker

[This message has been edited by Ken Grammer (edited January 18, 2001).]
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Leroy Engineering Micro Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner