Hoosier Dirt Stocker Rain Tires
 4 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Harvey West

--
05 Jun 2001 06:40 AM
    I'm hearing that Hoosier "Dirt Stocker" rain tires are the way to go in AS. I have an '89 Mustang. What size should I order, what kind of money are we talking and what's a good source? Are these tires good for intermediate conditions, as well as in a downpour? Thanks for any help you can give me. Harvey West #60 AS Mustang, CenDiv. At 66, I think I'm the world's oldest AS driver. Any older geezers out there?
    Dave Schotz
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    05 Jun 2001 10:01 AM
    Harvery, they are a great Rain Tire, but I think it would be best if it is a lot of Rain! They are 'EXTREMELY' Soft... and flexible... soft sidewalls too! So... it would need to be WET... I don't think they would work well in an intermediate tire role... but I haven't used them either!

I don't know of a Tire Contact for them... ??? Anybody?
    gtpilot

--
    05 Jun 2001 11:42 AM
    I've used them on a GT-5 CRX in EXTREMELY wet weather and they barely held up. We run almost the same lap times and I weigh a lot less, so, I would be wary of using them on such a heavy car...just my 2 cents.

Kirk
    Ken Grammer

--
    05 Jun 2001 06:25 PM
    I ran then in 96-98 on my IT Racetruck which weighed in at 2900 to 3000 pounds. They were great and held up wonderfully. I ran one set in four different rain races and still had plenty of tire left when I sold the truck.

They are definately FULL WET tires. A fellow driver started a race once when it was misting, assuming we were about to get a heavy rain. I started on dry tires assuming the aopposite. I was right and his tires went away after about two laps on the dry.

They are not intermediate tires by any means. But in my opinion that are the best full wet weather tires out there.

------------------
    Ken Grammer
    R.E. Alabama Region
    SEDiv AS Camaro #61
    Starter/F&C Worker
    sccaITSsentra

--
    24 May 2005 02:32 PM
    hey harvey Its #23 camaro, I have run the dirt stockers and they do well, People say they are better in a down pour but there stilla lright in int conditions, but dont last near as long, I have had some better times on another brand of rains but in heavy rain Nothing has done better... I think the size is 245 50 16. My dirt stockers came with my car but i bet there pretty good priced ...
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Woodhouse Motorsports
    SPS 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button Leroy Engineering Micro Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner