Witch GT-40's For AS Mustang ??
 4 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Lerxst302

--
28 Oct 2001 12:56 PM
    I am gathering all of the info to build my new 302. I have a set of Iron GT-40's now. But, I am hearing alot of good things about the GT-40 "P" heads. I already know about the need for new headers. But what do you guys think would be the better choice ? I keep hearing about how well the "P" heads are doing in NHRA Trophy Stock. Thanx for any and all info !!!

------------------
    Wide Open 'Till You See GOD,,,,, Then Brake.
    Ken Grammer

--
    21 Nov 2001 08:20 PM
    Go to [url="http://www.asedan.com"]www.asedan.com[/URL] and subscribe to the Asedan e-mail list. You will reach more asedan guys on that list.

------------------
    Ken Grammer
    R.E. Alabama Region
    SEDiv AS Camaro #61
    Starter/F&C Worker
    sccaITSsentra

--
    09 Jun 2005 09:08 PM
    I belive a real gt-40 was an aluminum head, the P head is the only legal one, the real gt-40 was on lightning trucks and so fourth and had alot better flow then the P you can get the P heads of a ford exploder i think its 95-97 with the 5.0 junk yards sell em cheap if the motor is apart or you can get the whole assy and use it to build a motor. plus the intake,throttle body, etc is worth alot to an efi boy the gt-40 intake good for 10+ hp over stock 5.0 intake
    By-Tor

--
    10 Jun 2005 08:25 AM
    Thanks for the reply but I went with the "P" heads. I have learned ALOT since I posted this thread. The GT-40 heads were first available through Ford Motorsport SVO sometime around 1990 as a bolt on over the counter performance head and they were not aluminum. They were only available from the factory in the 1993 and 1994 Cobra. The aluminum ones are a different part number as well as a different casting called "Turbo Swirl". And yes the GT-40 does flow better than the GT-40P, BUT the P head makes more torque at the optimum spot for an A-Sedan spec motor. The P has better spark plug positioning promoting a better burn. I have heard from many good sources that the plug placement is a direct result of things learned in NASCAR racing. Since getting the motor all done and running a full season on it I gotta say I really like how the P heads work.
    sccaITSsentra

--
    10 Jun 2005 04:07 PM
    yes all true I had lots of luck with the gt-40 p heads its an easy cheap swap and good for alot of power on street cars, I had a few stangs with those heads and like the performance alot
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

SPS 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button Leroy Engineering Micro Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner