G-LOC Brakes
PrevPrev Go to previous topic
NextNext Go to next topic
Last Post 09 Jun 2005 09:04 PM by  sccaITSsentra
Is there a difference between 94-95 Cobra and 6 Cylinder?
 3 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
MOyler

--
07 Feb 2002 03:14 PM
    I am looking into getting a Mustang. Is there a difference between getting the 6cyl version of a 94-95 vs. the Cobra? The way I read the rules you change everything just about anyhow. Any information would be great.

Thanks
    Mike
    Ken Grammer

--
    12 Feb 2002 08:09 PM
    AS an AS driver myself, I wish the AS community was more active here on SCCAFORUMS. The reality is that the AS group had an active e-mail list in place well before this forum was introduced. If you want to participate in that list, visit [url="http://www.asedan.com"]www.asedan.com[/URL] and subscribe to the AS E-mail list. Then post your question to the e-mail list.

There are a LOT of mustang folks on the list who will be more then willing to help answer your questions.

------------------
    Ken Grammer
    R.E. Alabama Region
    SEDiv AS Camaro #61
    Starter/F&C Worker
    Ken Grammer

--
    01 Mar 2002 07:20 PM
    I spoke with a Mustang guy who said that you switch out the K-member with the V-8 unit and you are good to go. Of course you then have to find the 302 engine, transmission and drive shaft. But a apparently a lot of AS Mustangs start life as V6 models.

This guy actually had the latest body style that started out as a v6. He said the only thing they changed was the sheet metal, so he dropped in the k-member from a 302 (94 or 95 I think) and went to work on the suspension.

I wish the Camaros were that easy to upgrade!

------------------
    Ken Grammer
    R.E. Alabama Region
    SEDiv AS Camaro #61
    Starter/F&C Worker
    sccaITSsentra

--
    09 Jun 2005 09:04 PM
    No most parts are interchangable already but , you should change the k member, some dont in other forms of racing but in road racing its not a smart idea. You can get a v-6 pretty cheap too. And your right you change it all anyways, just one good part about buying a cobra is the brakes are already there, you can use the tranny, the block , some suspension stuff. So in the long run you will probably save money if you buy a cobra or atleast a GT, You can find a good donor car for a few grand. cobra are out there with blown motors too, I bought a 95 cobra convt for 4500 with a bad motor a few months ago....
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Leroy Engineering Micro Button Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports
    SPS 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner