Need jack to lift DSR
 4 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
UrbanBugeye

--
05 Apr 2003 06:48 PM
    How do you lift your formula or sports racers high enough to get jack stands under them? Does anyone have a source for a lift or plans to make one that slips under it and lifts it up 18" or so? My DSR only has 1 1/2" in front and 2 1/2 in the rear.
    Cheers, Rex SCCAForums Image
    RussMcB
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    16 Apr 2003 02:19 PM
    Rex, I'm not aware of a jack that will do that, but you might want to post your question here to see if other sports racers have a solution:
    [url="http://pub6.ezboard.com/bdsrforum"]http://pub6.ezboard.com/bdsrforum[/URL]

Probably what you will need to do is raise it a bit at a time until it is high enough. For instance, use a formula car quick lift to raise it enough to use a regular floor jack to get it higher.
    msirota
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    16 Apr 2003 02:24 PM
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by UrbanBugeye:
    [b]Does anyone have a source for a lift or plans to make one that slips under it and lifts it up 18" or so?
    Cheers, Rex SCCAForums Image[/b]

No formula car jack is going to go that high; it would require way too much force to lift.

You can use a quick jack to raise it up the usual 8" or so, then a conventional jack to raise it higher. Or you can use an engine hoist on the roll cage, or (my personal favorite) a winch pulling from your garage ceiling.
    Skant

--
    10 Sep 2003 12:36 AM
    I don't own a formula car, but I do own a vette with about 2 1/2" of ground clearance. Lifting up the car requires two stages.

#1 Drive it up onto short ramps (I just use plain ole wooden boards) to get it up high enough for the jack to clear to front spoiler

#2 Jack it up

Dunno if that's any help.

- Skant
    GreenCrossle

--
    28 Sep 2003 07:18 PM
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by UrbanBugeye:
    How do you lift your formula or sports racers high enough to get jack stands under them? Does anyone have a source for a lift or plans to make one that slips under it and lifts it up 18" or so?
    Try with Greg Olson at Olsen's Power Equipment (I think that's the name of the shop) in the Milwaukee area. He builds powered lifts that go under F500s with <1" of clearance and lift up to a really nice working height...

[He recently had a 2002 Red Devil for sale on the F500.org classifieds; that's a good location for contact info]

Marshall Mauney
    Steel Cities Region
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Leroy Engineering Micro Button Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports
    SPS 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner