Formula Atlantic, Class "Philosophy"?
 0 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Randy3

--
16 May 2003 10:20 PM
    I've been following FA rules changes and proposals for a couple of years now and would like to hear from all Formula Atlantic competitors on this subject.

The question on my mind is: How much "restriction" of engine preparation rules do you want? Just to provoke some thought, how about Open 1600cc engines? Or maybe any controlled 240HP engine? Or only Toyota 4AGs?

For instance, some I've talked to want FA engines to be the same specifications as C Sports Racing engines(relatively wide open), others would like the club rules to mimic Pro Atlantic rules with accommodation for cost and durability improving alternatives (very restricted) with accommodation for existing cars.

When I ask myself this question, and think about what the class philosophy of Formula Atlantic is, it's really not clear to me. Do you think we would benefit from an agreed to class philosophy? A class "mission statement"?

I've competed in CSR and enjoyed the engineering of a competitive engine, chassis, and aerodynamics. But FA has a somewhat different appeal to me.

If you can put your thoughts in words, please share them. I've been trying to influence the direction of SCCA rules for this class recently and I thought I'd find out the thoughts of my fellow competitors before I started stirring up things too much.

Thanks,
    Randy
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button
    SPS 88x31 Button Woodhouse Motorsports

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner