Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
RussMcB
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
28 Dec 2000 06:22 PM
    I'm wondering if there is any way that we can get tracks to provide racing gas that always meets SCCA's legality requirements. Can the SCCA regions make a formal request to the companies supplying racing gas at tracks? I really like the convenience of buying gas at the track. It is extremely inconvenient to make other arrangements, and more dangerous, too. I'm not really equipped to transport gasoline. I know that Road Atlanta and Roebling Road had problems with illegal gas in 2000. Maybe it is different now. I hope so. I don't really blame the tracks as much as SCCA. I don't understand what was so bad about the track gas that SCCA didn't like. I thought it was the dangerous exotic stuff they wanted to protect us from. I assumed (wrongly?) that commonly available track gas would be less lethal than the exotic blends.
    BMWRacerITS

--
    29 Dec 2000 11:55 AM
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by RussMcB:
    [b]I know that Road Atlanta and [i]Roebling Road[/i] had problems with illegal gas in 2000.[/b]

Wait, isn't RR owned by the SCCA? I thought I heard that somewhere, though I'm not sure, I haven't been there in over a year.

If this is the case, does anyone else see the problem? SCCA owns the track => track gas doesn't meet SCCA requirements. What the heck?
    Ken Grammer

--
    30 Dec 2000 12:45 PM
    Bucanneer Region does own Roebling Road. I don't have any first hand experience with the fuel problem, but I would guess that if there was a problem, it could have been due to the supply on hand. The tracks can't just dump what they have and start over. If no one else has any details on this, I'll ask around at the SEDiv meeting in a couple of weeks and see what I can learn.

------------------
    Ken Grammer
    R.E. Alabama Region
    SEDiv AS Camaro #61
    Starter/F&C Worker

[This message has been edited by Ken Grammer (edited December 30, 2000).]
    RussMcB
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    31 Dec 2000 06:30 AM
    Thanks for the response, Ken. I understand that it could have been due to the supply on hand. The problem that I'm aware of at Roebling was early in 2000.

I would really appreciate it if you could bring this up at the SEDiv meeting (I can't attend). If you could post a reply when you return that would be great.

Russ

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ken Grammer:
    [b]Bucanneer Region does own Roebling Road. I don't have any first hand experience with the fuel problem, but I would guess that if there was a problem, it could have been due to the supply on hand. The tracks can't just dump what they have and start over. If no one else has any details on this, I'll ask around at the SEDiv meeting in a couple of weeks and see what I can learn.
    [/b]
    Ken Grammer

--
    31 Dec 2000 09:29 AM
    Will do!

------------------
    Ken Grammer
    R.E. Alabama Region
    SEDiv AS Camaro #61
    Starter/F&C Worker
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner