Area 5 and Area 4
 3 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Bill Howe

--
08 Jan 2001 05:43 AM
    Chicago and Mil. regions are going to be using Transponders at Road America and Blackhawk. There is also talk of transponders being acquired to use at Mid Ohio, Grattan, and Gingerman.
    Faced it folks transponders are going to become an everyday part of racing and there will be intital problems with personnel and equipment, as can be expected with any new system. Fighting and belly acheing about it will only make this transition even more painfully. I for one plan to be patient and help out in any way that I can to make this transition work smoothly.
    Max Lake

--
    08 Jan 2001 05:58 AM
    What is the plan to take care of visitors from areas that do not require transponders?

Are there rental units and how much are they?
    Peter Olivola

--
    08 Jan 2001 06:03 AM
    There will be rental units in sufficient quantity to handle things. Even at The Sprints.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Max Lake:
    [b]What is the plan to take care of visitors from areas that do not require transponders?

Are there rental units and how much are they?[/b]
    Flagger X

--
    08 Jan 2001 12:47 PM
    Don't quote me, but if memory serves transponder rental for us was $30 for the 12 hours at Summit Point. Plus a damage deposit.

I think that will be about typical. At $300 per transponder it would probably pay to buy your own if you race regularly.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Leroy Engineering Micro Button Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports
    SPS 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner